Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thursday Chat  (Read 6724 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Thursday Chat
« on: August 07, 2008, 06:17:35 AM »

Morning all,

Wow...thunderstorms last night, quite unheard of in these 'ere parts... frightened the hell out of my darling budgie though, no doubt it did all the dogs and cats too... feel sorry for the animals like that.

Hope you all have a good day today - rather overcast here at the mo....  STILL waiting to hear from the TV repairers, what good service they provide NOT.....spose I will have to spend money phoning them which darned well grieves me....oh well, if you want a job done et al.

Chrissie

@Broadband  The link on yesterday's chat won't open up when I tried it just now... is it my computer or is the site "down" this morning?
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Thursday Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 06:31:23 AM »

Mornin Chrissie,we should have had thunderstorms yesterday but they never arrived (tip top weather forcasting again).Grey,murky and damp here(don't you dare Kate) :D.
Looks like being black bags at the OK corral when the bin men arrive with my new middle eastern neighbours.He has placed all the his black bags of rubbish at the side of the bin.He tried to put them in the bin lorry last week and the driver got very  :angry: Part 2 coming up ?
We normal mortals have to take our excess rubbish to the dump-it site.
Chrissie,hope you get your TV sorted soon,so much for warranties.
Have a great day whatever you are doing.  :)

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »

looks like Belgum/Holland is getting the brunt of the storms at the mo

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »

looks like Belgum/Holland is getting the brunt of the storms at the mo

I do hope they get it over with this week, we're off to Belgium with our tent next week, and we're really rather hoping for dry weather

It must be odd for your neighbours to understand why the bin men won't take their rubbish away, since that's their job.  It's hard for me to understand as well!!!!!!!

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 09:16:53 AM »

@ Anne,like you say rubbish is rubbish,but rules are rules.If its not in the bin they won't take it.He got the message this week.I agree with you Anne,they talk about energy saving,carbon emissions etc,but are quite happy for you to do an 'x' amount of miles to the tip and back.
Anne,What kind/make of tent do you have

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:24:41 AM »

Overcast & muggy here today.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »

Just to cheer you all up   !!!  we had a terrific thunder storm last night, starting about 11 pm ...the  searing heat had built up and we knew it would happen ..but WOW !!!  ...Scotty was NOT a happy chappy, and neither was I  :o     the monsoon rain was needed and the garden is very grateful for it  ......     However,   this morning   guess what  ??    :lol:    yes !  you're right Unc ......  shan't say it though    :lol:

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 10:37:42 AM »

Hi unc, we have a Vango Vista 600,

We used to have a smaller dome tent but my OH couldn't stand upright in it.  This one sleeps 6 but only really has enough room for us to spread ourselves about

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »

Nice tent Anne,we are saving up for a trailer tent.It will make getting in and out of bed a lot easier for me with my knees.We will still continue using the tent though,we are going up to Northumberland at the beginning of September.Hope you get decent weather in Belgium  :)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »

This one sleeps 6 but only really has enough room for us to spread ourselves about

Too much information there Anne.

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »

:P @ floydoid

We went to Northumberland in August last year, the first time we have ever tent camped in this country, and I ended up going to bed in all my clothes, including my outdoor fleece, and sleeping bag, and was still cold.  Didn't rain on us though and the days were pleasant with lots to see and do.

I've just looked at the five day forecast for Ghent on the BBC weather site, and it's  :no:  We'll be taking our waterproofs

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »

Ever wondered what that cow of Mr Floydoids gets up to

http://www.btinternet.com/~digital.wallpapers/pink_floyd_001.htm

So now you know.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »

Thanks Yorkie - I have that wallpaper. ;)

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 01:16:10 PM »

Floydoid, They had a canvas print version of that on sale recently at Artique, the picture shop opposite Timber hill, between primark and one of the castle mall entrances  ;)

(the shop who the council forced to paint over the varnished wood because "It's apearence is not in keeping with the Look of Norwich." >:( Honestly, all the other gaudy plastic shop fronts and that ugly abomonation a few doors down with aluminium diamond plate across the front, I suppose that is in keeping with the traditional look, yeah right)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »

I'll have to take a look... for anyone that's interested, it was part of the artwork for the 'Shine On' boxed set of CD's, with each of the ladies' backs painted with a classic PF album sleeve... brownie points for anyone who can name all 6. :)
Pages: [1] 2

anything