Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

VMG3925-B10C - Google Home Mini failing to connect at password stage

(1/2) > >>

bobdole:
Just joined this forum as it seems people on here have some experience with this router (although seems primarily the B10A). I have received this with my supplier, and set up went as normal. However, I am having issues with connecting my Google Home Mini (which works perfectly well through my phone hotspot and as per my previous router (which I no longer have)).

Anyone else had this issue? Wondering if it is an IGMP issue. I have tried channel splitting, removing security and firewall, all to no success.

Note - Firmware Version V5.13(AAVF.13)C0

Thanks all,

Bob

bobdole:
To reply to this, it seems the fix was to set protected management frames to disabled and 802.11 protection to off. Don't know how that worked, but it did!

burakkucat:
Welcome to the kitz forum.  :)

Thank you for posting your solution. Having no experience with a "Google Home Mini" I am puzzled how the solution actually works.  :-\

meritez:

--- Quote from: bobdole on August 12, 2021, 12:39:11 PM ---To reply to this, it seems the fix was to set protected management frames to disabled and 802.11 protection to off. Don't know how that worked, but it did!

--- End quote ---

Were these the default configuration settings by the ISP?

Have they given you the supervisor password, as if these were the default configuration for WiFi when you reset the vmg3925 the issue will come back.

Welcome,

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on August 12, 2021, 05:44:47 PM ---Welcome to the kitz forum.  :)

Thank you for posting your solution. Having no experience with a "Google Home Mini" I am puzzled how the solution actually works.  :-\

--- End quote ---

Protected Management Frames are not supported by all WiFi clients, thus if its enabled and a device you try to connect doesn't support them, it wont connect.

--- Quote ---Protected Management Frames (PMF) provide protection for unicast and multicast management action frames. Unicast management action frames are protected from both eavesdropping and forging, and multicast management action frames are protected from forging. They augment privacy protections already in place for data frames with mechanisms to improve the resiliency of mission-critical networks. PMF is required for all new certified devices.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version