Chat > Chit Chat

No milk

(1/3) > >>

Weaver:
This week there’s no milk at all in The Island. "No lorry drivers" chaos affected the Co-op, same for Tesco’s, who deliver from Inverness. A local cafe shut its doors today, can’t make hot drinks. Black coffee or lemon tea anyone?

burakkucat:
I guess that there has also been a surge in demand for coffee whitener or powdered milk . . .  :-\

If really desperate, purchase cans of ready-to-serve rice pudding and filter the contents, thus separating the solid rice from the fluid.

g3uiss:
Perhaps the plant equivalent

Alex Atkin UK:
I'd love to find a substitute I can tolerate, every one I've tried tastes horrible.  I'd basically have to give up Coffee without milk and only have fruit/herbal teas and flavoured iced tea.

Not that standardised milk is great either, I moved onto unhomogenised milk many years ago and it seemed to dramatically slow how quickly I was putting on weight (despite being higher fat content as it was only available in Jersey milk from Grahams back then), didn't make me feel sick and tastes how I remember it from school before they "standardised" homogenisation of milk.

tickmike:
Baby milk powder  :-\  Milk the sheep / mountain goats  :o  Not seen many cows around the island.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version