Computer Software > Windows 10

Windows Defender (Windows Security)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Alex Atkin UK:
Forgot to mention, I also have a monthly clamscan on my NAS as mostly using Linux there is no real-time protection on those clients at all and my storage is centralised.

maxheadroom:

--- Quote from: Ronski on July 27, 2021, 10:19:04 AM ---
So have been using Windows Defender/security ever since, no nags, it just does its job. Only thing I would say is the user interface is a bit of a mess.

--- End quote ---

That is good to know and i agree about the user interface it probably puts people who are used to a few more bells and whistles off Windows Defender/security even though though as you have found it does the job.

maxheadroom:

--- Quote from: jelv on July 27, 2021, 12:46:31 PM ---How often do you actually use the user interface?

--- End quote ---

I always check the update every time i boot the PC its probably not necessary but i like to see it is up to date, this actually put me off Bitdefender free which has a very good reputation but no means of manually checking for updates in the free version.

banger:
I was using Win Defender but then the real time started turning off so I gave Bitdefender Free a try for a few weeks but that started getting update errors so I swapped back to defender which seems to have fixed it self now. Seems ok.

maxheadroom:
Thanks Banger.

One thing i have noticed is on my laptop it takes a very long time to do a full scan but on the PC which i use most of the time (its newer and is more powerful ) it only takes a few minutes, is the power of the PC making the scan faster?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version