Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Effects of Ethernet

(1/9) > >>

noddy:
I was running DSLstats on the laptop ( wireless ) while checking behind my PC , which was off but plugged in to a socket thats switched off. When I removed the ethernet cable from the back of the PC CRC errors shot up SNR margin dropped , so plugged it back in everything returns to normal . Then as an experiment unplug the PC from the power socket and that shows CRC errors but not as dramatic , could this be an earthing problem ? or my old reliable Billion 7800N cheers

burakkucat:
I think you need to perform one further experiment . . . and that is to disconnect the Ethernet cable (which runs to the switched off PC) from the Billion 7800N.

What do you now see, reported by DSLstats?

noddy:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on July 22, 2021, 02:13:22 PM ---I think you need to perform one further experiment . . . and that is to disconnect the Ethernet cable (which runs to the switched off PC) from the Billion 7800N.

What do you now see, reported by DSLstats?

--- End quote ---
Good point , I'll try it in the morning cheers

noddy:

--- Quote from: noddy on July 22, 2021, 05:22:42 PM ---Good point , I'll try it in the morning cheers

--- End quote ---
and here is the result  :no: , didn't leave it out too long as not sure how far SNR and CRC's were going to go .it's the spot just before 6.31

burakkucat:
To me, all the results seem to be indicating a problem with the Billion 7800N.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version