Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Singal Attenuation 'not monitored' in STATS, but has figures for it under LOG?  (Read 2472 times)

snadge

• Kitizen

hello everyone. hope you are all doing well and staying safe

I was wondering if anyone could explain why signal attenuation is 'not monitored' under stats, but has available stats under the log section?

no biggy just something I spotted and thought I would ask about it :)

Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats

The two things are different to some extent. The 'not monitored' value is the overall signal attenuation, and the Broadcom CLI doesn't report this single value. The second values are per-band, which Broadcom does report.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen

The two things are different to some extent. The 'not monitored' value is the overall signal attenuation, and the Broadcom CLI doesn't report this single value. The second values are per-band, which Broadcom does report.

ah I see,

I thought the things like 'Attenuation' (Line and Signal) and SNRM figures were some sorts of a 'weighted average' total of each of the (per band) numbers added together?

thanks for clearing that up...

anyway any news on new versions?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats

I'm afraid there won't be any new versions of DSLstats. I've had to give up serious programming because the concentration required has health consequences for me. Sorry.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen

I'm afraid there won't be any new versions of DSLstats. I've had to give up serious programming because the concentration required has health consequences for me. Sorry.

Realy sorry to hear that Eric that is a shame :(  the saving grace is you already did a great job with the current versions, and have more options and abilities than any other xDSL program, also versions for every major OS and Source Code on GITHUB for those wishing to add/change features themselves! well done and thank you!

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

j0hn

• Kitizen

and Source Code on GITHUB for those wishing to add/change features themselves! well done and thank you!

Where's that?
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats

The source code is still available from my website http://dslstats.me.uk/downloads.html but the development system I used (Lazarus/Free Pascal) is not so well known.
  Eric

anything