Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Had to contact Plusnet support.  (Read 1538 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Had to contact Plusnet support.
« on: July 17, 2021, 08:30:44 PM »

Only fair to mention that I had a really helpful and quite pleasant experience with Plusnet today.   I thought I may be in for a bit of a wait as I got the 'heavier than usual' recorded message, but the first rep picked up quite soon, passed me over to someone who could help who answered within 2 rings.   

Without going into full & personal details, the CS rep went above and beyond to help sort something on my parent's account in a more than satisfactory manner that I couldn't do due to not being able to go round myself.

I damn well know that my mother can be hard work as she's part deaf and has no clue about anything technical.   Whilst I am an authorised user on the account but due to DPA no changes to the account can be made without her say so.    The rep rang me back several times and also called my mother at least twice to get main issue sorted and whilst I was on I took the opportunity to renew the contract a month early, managing to get what I consider a fair deal.   Not as good as some of Max's, but hey ho.... it was more the attitude of the member of staff I really appreciated and his willingness to help resolve a problem.   

No he didn't know who I was - just knew we had a problem that needed sorting that required a bit more help than normal circumstances dictate.    So thanks Finnlay (hope I spelt it right) who played a blinder helping resolve what was becoming quite a stressful situation for me.  Even my mother said what a lovely young man he was... so that's high praise.   (Even though I bet at least once he will have grit his teeth and wish he hadn't been the one to pick up the call :D )
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: Had to contact Plusnet support.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 09:07:27 PM »

My feeling regarding Plusnet are certainly well known and have been (very likely too) regularly expressed here, however, I have always believed in giving credit where due and publicly recognising good service when received.
Perhaps Plusnet are finally getting their administration/logistics act together or maybe you just got the right person on the right day?

Either way, glad it all worked out well for you and your mum, good result.
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Had to contact Plusnet support.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 10:38:20 PM »

No he didn't know who I was - just knew we had a problem that needed sorting that required a bit more help than normal circumstances dictate.    So thanks Finnlay (hope I spelt it right) who played a blinder helping resolve what was becoming quite a stressful situation for me.  Even my mother said what a lovely young man he was... so that's high praise.   (Even though I bet at least once he will have grit his teeth and wish he hadn't been the one to pick up the call :D )

It's good to read there still are helpful people at that ISP.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

anything