Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FTTP...The Computer Says Yes Again !.  (Read 2393 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: FTTP...The Computer Says Yes Again !.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2021, 10:26:32 AM »

Sorry to hear it went so poorly, hopefully Openreach will send someone out to tidy it up, at least you have a working service.

Guy came very early 10am and he finished by 12.30am . (With My help)  :-\

14.5 hours, wow he really dragged that out.........sorry couldn't resist  ;)
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2021, 11:00:30 AM »

This is appalling especially not respecting your request to wear a mask. My wife would not allow anyone to enter our property to do work unless they wore a mask at all times. I know it is not a legal requirement any more but this guy needs to get the sack for such behavior let alone the mess up on the install.

Stuart

I have some 'Lateral flow tests' covid tests and I did one yesterday and it was 'Negative' 

The install was in my equipment cupboard inside our enclosed porch, I left the front door open all the time he was there, I sanitized well after he gone.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 11:56:45 AM »

I have sent the details of last Wednesday install to the CEO office at BT OpenReach.

They need to know what there contractors are doing.
The general pubic would not have a clue if it was being done correctly or not  :no:.
They are giving BT OpenReach a bad name.

It's a pity the 5 BT OpenReach bosses were not about on Wednesday like they were a few weeks ago down our lane looking at a new way to do a FTTP trial install on one of my neighbors houses.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.
Pages: 1 [2]