Computer Software > Windows 10

Updating Windows 10 to a Specific Version (20H2)

(1/3) > >>

aesmith:
Hi,

Does anyone have a process for upgrading Windows 10 to a specific build version, for example 20H2?  I have a number of Windows 10 builds, and all seem to be different versions of which only two are on the long term releases, one is 1909 and on 20H2.  The others are all on the shorter term Spring releases of 1803, 1903, 2004.  I can't seem to find a way to force any of them to go to anything except the latest spring release 21H1.

I have ISOs for all the releases.

Thanks,  Tony S

licquorice:
Perhaps the Windows Media Creation tool allows you to do that.

aesmith:
Thanks.  As far as I can see the Media Creation Tool only gives you the current version.  I'm basing that on the fact it doesn't ask what version, and the fact the utility is called "MediaCreationTool21H1.exe".  Unhelpfully the ISO it creates is just called "Windows.iso" Maybe I need to find a 20H2 version of that tool

Possibly a bit of a red herring, but I think my 20H2 ISO may be corrupt, I'm going to grab a fresh download and test it again. As it is, if I mount the ISO and run setup it comes up with a bunch of errors about DLLs and similar, preceded by an error saying it can't run on this version of Windows (or similar). If I boot off it then it won't upgrade existing Windows 10, only offers the option for wipe and clean install.

jelv:
Does this help? https://www.computerworld.com/article/3321896/how-to-upgrade-to-the-version-of-win10-pro-that-you-want.html

banger:
Mount the ISO on the machine you want to upgrade and run setup. Then you can do an in-place upgrade to the version of the ISO. Or am I misunderstand your requirement?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version