Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: ADSL2+ Upgraded to VDSL2  (Read 9424 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: ADSL2+ Upgraded to VDSL2
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2021, 11:10:07 PM »

Sorry to hijack a thread somewhat but I believe this may have affected me as well. Back in September/October of 2020 my upload speed on a Zen 80/20 FTTC circuit completely collapsed to less than 1-2Mbps from the full 20Mbps I was obtaining before. After multiple tickets with Zen we ended up simply leaving Zen and moving to Virgin Media who offered us an FTTP (RFoG) connection and higher speed for a lower price. The DSLAM in use was in a Huawei 288 cabinet and was a recent install as part of BDUK, line length I'd estimate at less than 800m. It's unfortunate that I can't test this as we don't have the line anymore but I find it interesting that someone else has experienced a similar issue.

I should note we had this issue twice, with one time turning out to be a faulty modem causing problems. The first time we also had an Openreach engineer attend who did a pair swap at the jointing box and replaced our NTE5 with a new NTE5C with filtered faceplate.

I don't think so, this specific issue is to do with different ECI firmwares/cards.  Huawei is a completely different ball game.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2021, 06:25:29 PM »

So another very helpful and frustrated engineer as he couldn’t do anything but agreed the US is much less than should be available. He offered to escalate to his manager who is currently off but will persue on her return tomorrow. However he returned a fault not found to Zen.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2021, 02:23:19 AM »

Hopefully he did escalate even with the no fault status.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2021, 10:27:47 AM »

Nothing changed. Now Zen have arranged for the backhaul provider to be changed so both services are on the same supplier. They say that will fix the issue ! Not sure how that affects the sync between me and the cabinet. The level of Tecnical knowledge is worrisome especially as this is been handled by there complaints department!😢

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2021, 12:13:49 PM »

They say that will fix the issue !

Oh dear.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2021, 02:33:58 PM »

Perhaps I’m being unfair. Zen actually might not need Tecnical expertise other than booking a OR engineer? I suppose they have their tests which need little interpretation and leave the rest to OR. If this is the case how would a user get a resolution to a more obscure fault I wonder

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2021, 11:57:03 AM »

So the change in backhaul was done in the early hours and surprisingly it didn’t change the sync speed. !!!!!!

Zen are very surprised however and now want to arrange another OR visit number 11. I think it’s an waste of everyone’s time and are going to decline, however I might write to Clive Sellys office again.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2021, 12:04:47 PM »

if it's over 8 weeks, it may be worth going the deadlock letter route: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/broadband-landline-faults

I would not cancel the engineers, someone less technical would be completely at a loss if they were going through the same issue.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2021, 04:29:48 PM »

The dead lock only helps if I wanted out. Moving ISP is possible as I’m out of contact but I doubt that would resolve the issue. I’m not optimistic that this would ever get fixed from the comments in the thread.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2021, 11:42:39 AM »

Help * Back on topic,

Zen tell me I'm now on TT backhaul so a different supplier will look at the fault ! In my mind I'm still connected to the same PCP and DSLAM so how could TTB change my sync speed. I'm at loss how to explain this to Zen

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2021, 02:52:48 PM »

Help * Back on topic,

Zen tell me I'm now on TT backhaul so a different supplier will look at the fault ! In my mind I'm still connected to the same PCP and DSLAM so how could TTB change my sync speed. I'm at loss how to explain this to Zen

Same IP Address?

What profile do Zen have you on, will they hand out that information?

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2021, 03:20:06 PM »

Same IP Address?

What profile do Zen have you on, will they hand out that information?

Same IP
Speed

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2021, 03:47:26 PM »

Was it BTW backhaul before the change?

Zen might be more confident in TTB pushing OpenReach for a resolution.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2021, 06:17:19 PM »

Yes it was before. Do the backhaul provider create the faults, or is it the ISP direct to OR, the latter I thought ?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2021, 08:00:34 PM »

Help * Back on topic,

If its same as AAISP, then basically engineer callouts are arranged via the "supplier" which in your case is now TT, so it is actually possible you could get a better result if TT handle the fault better with openreach.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8