Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: ADSL2+ Upgraded to VDSL2  (Read 9420 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: ADSL2+ Upgraded to VDSL2
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2021, 11:05:39 PM »

Don't forget our Glossary!

I have a recollection of being told, way back when FTTC was being rolled out as a new system nation-wide, that the DSLAMs in the fibre cabinets were specified as being part of the BT Operate domain.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2021, 11:20:41 PM »

Don't forget our Glossary!

I have a recollection of being told, way back when FTTC was being rolled out as a new system nation-wide, that the DSLAMs in the fibre cabinets were specified as being part of the BT Operate domain.

Wasn't that before Openreach were spun-off as their own company though?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2021, 01:55:35 PM »

Sorry, I'm not sure what it is that you are trying to query.  :-\

Operate ("BT Operate") exists and has nothing to do with Openreach.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2021, 03:48:28 PM »

http://www.pnsol.com/public/CS-PNS-2012-08.pdf

BT   Operate   (BTO)   is   the   operating   division   of   British   Telecom (one   of   the   world’s   
leading   communications   services   companies) that   is   responsible   for   the   service   
fulfilment   of   BT’s   products   and services   globally; establishment   of   security   policy   
and   processes; and   monitoring the   reliability   of   BT’s   networks   and   systems.   BTO   
employs over   13,500   world-class   professionals   in   more   than   20   countries,   with   
expertise   across   a   broad   range   of   IT   and   web-based   disciplines. It manages over   
5,500   UK   exchanges   supplying   over   26m premises,   and   provides   over 12m DSL   
connections   (both   business   and   domestic)   of   which   BT’s Retail   division   delivers   
approximately   50%.

Sounds different

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2021, 04:44:08 PM »

Sorry, I'm not sure what it is that you are trying to query.  :-\

Operate ("BT Operate") exists and has nothing to do with Openreach.

Its just constantly confusing the line between what Openreach own and what BT own.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2021, 07:21:59 PM »

I find the best way is to not worry about it, Alex ..... it's waaaay above any of us on here and not worth the time and effort trying to pin it down .... unless you're obsessed with it.

;) ;D

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2021, 02:55:35 PM »

The LLUMS case has been closed with no changes seen ( card  or speed). Zen say we have to start a new fault. I think that’s probably a waste of time and I will mange with the 800k upload.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2021, 03:19:22 PM »

The LLUMS case has been closed with no changes seen ( card  or speed). Zen say we have to start a new fault. I think that’s probably a waste of time and I will mange with the 800k upload.

Will ZEN log it as a repeat fault and escalate to care level 4?

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2021, 05:34:46 PM »

I have no idea ! Zen have been quite disappointing, not the Zen I recall from a few years ago. Their emails are quite confused and not really moving the issue forwards. I have a new anointment (number 6) on Wednesday

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2021, 09:14:46 PM »

I have no idea ! Zen have been quite disappointing, not the Zen I recall from a few years ago. Their emails are quite confused and not really moving the issue forwards. I have a new anointment (number 6) on Wednesday

This comes to mind: https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/26/zen_broadband_complaint_still_unresolved/

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2021, 09:51:06 PM »

This comes to mind: https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/26/zen_broadband_complaint_still_unresolved/

Kinda silly to say "whats the point" to contact their MP though.

I get some MPs are bad, but I know mine is VERY proactive and shes chased a lot of issues I've had, though mostly regarding the council.  Either way, saying "whats the point" is foolish, what have you got to lose?

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2021, 10:18:20 PM »

The MP that covers my work address is excellent, but my local MP covering our home is just about useless. The former really acts for his constituency the latter just expects his constituency to give him a job. Still not a route I favour 

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2021, 01:11:50 PM »

Zen have now said 800k is the max upload I can achieve ( dsl checker 1.9-3.1) options are to revert to ADSL2, accept this speed or cancel with no cost.

No idea what to do  :(

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2021, 10:23:17 PM »

Lengthy email from Zen explaining why there was no further options. However it might be amusing for others to read this part of the email. Zen's technical knowledge might now be questionable !

"I understand that when Openreach attended the property on the 16th July 2021, they advised that there was a fault and that possibly changing the line card could rectify the issue. The engineer advised on their notes that they had rectified the issue by completing a lift and shift; meaning that they have replaced or moved the socket within the property".  :lol:

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2021, 10:59:52 PM »

I would raise a formal complaint with Zen saying they have no idea what they are talking about and have not progressed the fault investigation to a satisfactory resolution, the LLUMS case was not completed or just ignored. Overall it gives a very poor impression of Zen support. Have you considered emailing the Openreach CEO (email address has been posted on various forums) giving a brief description of the problem. This has been known to get results when other routes have got nowhere.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

anything