Announcements > ISP Offers & Deals

BT Home Essentials

(1/4) > >>

black33:
The new package for those on state benefits kicked in on Monday and I put an order in over the phone.

When I later got e-mail confirmation, BT had not mentioned the 1,000 minutes of monthly FREE CALLS to 0845 and 0870 numbers  ::)

They also forgot to mention that a customer could end their contract giving 30 days notice FREE OF CHARGE.

I already have an ONT supplied and fitted by OR and tested by them and confirmed as 100% working and ready to go live.

Although I informed BT of this, they still want to send an engineer round to mine for some strange reason unbeknown to me.  ::)

I've read reviews of BT customer service but thought I'd take a chance which is presently looking to be a bad decision  :(

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: black33 on June 29, 2021, 10:28:27 PM ---I already have an ONT supplied and fitted by OR and tested by them and confirmed as 100% working and ready to go live.

Although I informed BT of this, they still want to send an engineer round to mine for some strange reason unbeknown to me.  ::)

--- End quote ---

That does seem a bit odd but I have a vague recollection that an ONT, connected to the fibre and powered on, can be tested remotely. However it cannot enter service without the serial number being registered by an engineer adjacent to, and in eye-sight of, the ONT.

black33:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on June 29, 2021, 11:10:09 PM ---That does seem a bit odd but I have a vague recollection that an ONT, connected to the fibre and powered on, can be tested remotely. However it cannot enter service without the serial number being registered by an engineer adjacent to, and in eye-sight of, the ONT.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your input.
The Openreach team were assigned to my property as I was the lead person in getting FTTP fitted where I live.
The OR engineer made a phone call to make sure the ONT was ready to roll.
He told me all I need is to join a router and I am good to go, no engineer visit needed.
The serial number of my ONT is visible on another ISPs website when you do a search on their products with your post code, one ISP said they could get me up and running in 2 days.
It now appears that BT tried to do a check on my ONT remotely when it was not plugged in and that threw out an error and a need for an engineers visit.
The salesman never told me to plug it in there and then he said plug it in the day before your super hub 2 is due to arrive.
BT have now cancelled my order and are setting up a new one, apparently. ::)

black33:
BT sorted the order mix up and everything is up and running sweet as I type.
FTTP yo  ;D

meritez:
Now being offered in EE/BT stores.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version