Computer Software > Linux

NetworkManager

<< < (2/3) > >>

broadstairs:

--- Quote from: Alex Atkin UK on June 25, 2021, 05:14:58 PM ---Let me just say, I HATE NETWORKMANAGER!

It brought the frustration that Windows has with networking, when you're trying to temporary set static IP addresses it constantly tries to fiddle with the connection.  Also if you change from DHCP to Static, it never seems to work.  If you try to force it by ifconfig, it bounces the link reverting it.  Its just a royal PITA.

There seems to be this assumption across all OS these days that if there isn't an Internet connection at the other end, assume its broken, its darned annoying.

--- End quote ---

Strange that I have always selected NM on Linux and find it very reliable and no problem with static IPs on the LAN, far preferable to wicked which has no easy way to change stuff unless you use a console.

Stuart

tickmike:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Hi both,
Yes the app bit is the gui for the networkmanager < that's what our package is called .

The dev's decided to remove all ways of going back  (think it was drakx-net ?) all the support packages removed. :o so no it's not possible without a complete re-install of the os.

Can you see anything wrong with my routing tables ?.

Question about the Ethernet cable adapter link light, am I thinking it should be lit all the time the cable is plugged in (as long as the other end is all connected up correct ). :hmm:

tickmike:
Sorry just got back to this.
@broadstairs   NetworkManager Applet 1.22.0  it's not 'network manager' that's a different package.
re AA yes I agree wasting 4 weeks. >:D

burakkucat:
Have you looked in the repository?  :-\

meritez:
It supports nmcli, I gave up on pclinuxos after 0.93 was released.

Same applet can be found in lfs, arch, fedora, void.
I'm not a fan, netplan on the other hand is simple.

Have you ran a tshark while trying to ping example 2?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version