Computer Software > Windows 11

Windows 11 Live Event

<< < (2/22) > >>

Starman:
Anyone running a home built system better hope they have TPM 2.0 chip or at least a header to buy the addon for their motherboard.

https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/news/windows-11-wont-work-on-your-pc-without-a-tpm-how-to-check

adslmax:
My pc is brand new AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz ram, processor running at 64 Bit 4.4GHz and NVMe storage 500GB with secure boot and TPM 2.0 enabled say device manager and graphic card gtx 1050ti direct x 12 and the pc health checker from Microsoft declined upgrade to Windows 11 because my pc doesn't meet minimum requirement specs. WTF?

g3uiss:
This is a bit off yet in terms of timing. Knowing MS it might change several times before it’s forced on us.

Starman:

--- Quote from: adslmax on June 24, 2021, 08:12:13 PM ---My pc is brand new AMD Ryzen 7 3700x,....
--- End quote ---

Check the BIOS likely need secure boot enabled and something like fTPM for AMD based motherboards.

adslmax:

--- Quote from: Starman on June 24, 2021, 08:13:51 PM ---Check the BIOS likely need secure boot enabled and something like fTPM for AMD based motherboards.

--- End quote ---

Already got that enabled

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version