Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zyxel 8924 gui has changed in appearance / cant set Wi-Fi..??  (Read 523 times)

snadge

• Kitizen

Hi everyone,

I logged into my Zyxel VMG8924-B10A just now in my Firefox browser to change the Wi-Fi channel and the first thing I noticed instantly was the radio buttons and tick boxes were Blue and in Bold, and I'm sure before they were Black and not Bold, also while the Wi-Fi is working and my TV and mobile are connected to it; the SSID is not appearing??? and when I try to change the channel on either 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz it just has AUTO and no channel numbers??? (see pic below).

I have not upgraded the firmware in years, it's still running on v28, I am at a loss as to whats happened here??

Can anyone offer some advice as to what's happening here?
I've tried it in the Vivaldi and IE12 browsers and the results are the same?

When I tried it in Internet Explorer it worked initially and was exactly how I said (Black, and not bold), so I went back to Firefox and launched a Private Browser to try it again there and the result was still the same, so I went to log back in through IE12 again and low and behold it's doing the same thing as Firefox now???? - I ran Ccleaner on all browsers and the result is still the same? it's almost like the router itself is corrupting how the browser displays it?

I have extensions on Firefox but they are all disabled on the router page, the Private Browser mode has zero extensions and IE12 has zero addons??

any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 04:12:54 PM by snadge »
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Zyxel 8924 gui has changed in appearance / cant set Wi-Fi..??
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 07:41:11 PM »

The latest Firefox update changed the UI elements but how they function should not have changed.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

snadge

• Kitizen
Re: Zyxel 8924 gui has changed in appearance / cant set Wi-Fi..??
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 04:12:24 PM »

yeah strange - the weird thing is in IE12 it was black and not bold as it used to be in Firefox, but after a few moments while in the routers GUI it changed to Blue and Bold (the same a Firefox) and the ability to change channels was removed (same as Firefox), I managed to get it working by repeatedly logging in on IE12 until I got a page that was normal and fully functional and getting the channel changed before it went all to cock.

My bad on the password box, its at the bottom - but its wierd how most the time on ANY browser the page is missing the Wi-Fi SSID and wont allow me to change channels, only way i can get it is by repeatedly logging in on IE12 until I get it working, then you got to be quick to change it before it changes it appearance again.
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73