Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VoIP Forum Board  (Read 4288 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
VoIP Forum Board
« on: June 15, 2021, 01:18:26 PM »

Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum.

It's become increasingly apparent that as FTTP rolls out that more users are looking at alternatives to the traditional telephony over copper wires which eventually will be scrapped..    I've created this section for discussion on all things VoIP related.   

Discussions about porting of telephone numbers and telephony equipment that work with VoIP should also be included here.

VoIP Providers

It would at some point be good to have a single thread for any decent VoIP providers who provide the service at a reasonable monthly cost.

However I am mindful about this as I do not want this section to become a magnet for spam or people touting referrals.    On the flip side if you have found a particularly good provider at reasonable monthly costs and/or you have an introductory voucher or offer then its good to share.   So for the time being please try keep anything like that to a single thread and any recommendations are restricted to 'regular' forum members.   Links from new users will be reviewed as potential spam that could resort in the post being deleted and a permanent ban from the Forums.  Anything from anyone that vaguely smells like tinned meat will be sent to the trash can.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: VoIP Forum Board
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 11:02:55 PM »

Just for reference and more of a bookmark than anything else.

Ofcoms statement

Moving landline phones to digital technology: what you need to know

Unfortunately it isn't very helpful, IMO OFCOM should enforce there to be an easier and simpler path for porting of landline numbers to VOIP.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything