Broadband Related > Mobile broadband

Best mobile SIM only deal for 4G fallback for FTTP connection?

(1/4) > >>

bogof:
I'm just about to ditch my FTTC line as the FTTP has been up a couple of months and is faultless it seems.

Wondering what SIM folks are using for this kind of connection that hopefully will never be needed, but nice to have in the background?

At the moment I'm leaning towards a 24GB preloaded SIM from 3, which lasts up to 24 months, for £60.  Already have the 4G router to put it in.  At £2.50 a month this seems pretty hard to beat for emergency use.

Any better deals out there?  Other strategies?

tubaman:
Probably being a bit controversial but it depends what you class as an emergency. My definition of an emergency is when the house is on fire and I can't phone for the fire brigade. My broadband not working would be classed as an inconvenience but that's just me.
 :)

bogof:

--- Quote from: tubaman on June 15, 2021, 10:56:12 AM ---Probably being a bit controversial but it depends what you class as an emergency. My definition of an emergency is when the house is on fire and I can't phone for the fire brigade. My broadband not working would be classed as an inconvenience but that's just me.
 :)

--- End quote ---
Hehe.  In this case the emergency would be me getting it in the ear from the wife as she can't do her work from home...
Already have the router on the shelf from a previous connection for something else.

meritez:
Smarty Mobile can be switched on and off by removing the payment details.

So you purchase a Smarty Mobile Sim on the lowest package, which according to Uswitch is £5 for 2GB, after activating, change the package to £10 for 30gb and remove the payment details.

Sim will be dormant until required, and you can then activate the sim and get 30gb data for £10 immediately after payment

tubaman:

--- Quote from: bogof on June 15, 2021, 11:06:20 AM ---Hehe.  In this case the emergency would be me getting it in the ear from the wife as she can't do her work from home...

--- End quote ---

I think that is classed as a major emergency... :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version