Chat > Introductions

A hello & extension of gratitude to you all :)

(1/3) > >>

craigv:
Apparently I joined in 2015, but only recently have I posted a few things so, figured I'd write a hello :)

Well, my name's Craig (may have noticed from the highly ingenious username ;D ) A software developer by trade, but this seems to end up covering a vast array of other sins, including managing/maintaining servers, cloud infrastructure, and the odd bit of IT support.

As long as I can remember I've been that 'tech guy' amongst friends, as a teenager I remember buying a 10mbit hub (not switch), to network our two home computers together, and thinking it was the most amazing thing ever, I think from that point I could really see that the Internet and the age of sharing information was going to be 'big', and always wanted a career in tech of some kind.

30-something, father of 3, Norfolk exile, now resident in Broadstairs in Kent for some 13 years, but working for a company based in Norwich for the whole of that time, so have been home-working since before it was cool/forced upon us! Terrible cyclist, terrible taker of photos, but I like doing both when I get a chance :)

I stopped by kitz at various points on my broadband journey, from understanding DLM to monitoring my VDSL with the HG612 Modem Stats app, following on later with my desperate investigations to find out if anyone will offer a higher-bandwidth service above my 20mbps VDSL, to finally getting FTTP last month. So thank you to all of you kind people who have taken the time out to help others and share your knowledge, software and advice with others here.

So belated hellos and a lot of thanks - hopefully I can contribute a little something along the way.

C

broadstairs:
A belated welcome from me! You have joined an illustrious club of people who have a wide range of skills and backgrounds as well as age ranges.

Stuart (an old geezer and ex-IT professional!)

craigv:

--- Quote from: broadstairs on June 10, 2021, 11:41:07 AM ---A belated welcome from me! You have joined an illustrious club of people who have a wide range of skills and backgrounds as well as age ranges.

Stuart (an old geezer and ex-IT professional!)

--- End quote ---

Variety is the spice of life :) thanks for belated-welcome!

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: craigv on June 10, 2021, 11:28:28 AM ---Apparently I joined in 2015, but only recently have I posted a few things so, figured I'd write a hello :)

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the kitz forum, dated 2015. b*cat waves the paw of friendship.  :)

Weaver:
Welcome Craig!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version