Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Max's G.Fast upgrade to 330  (Read 1152 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Max's G.Fast upgrade to 330
« on: June 09, 2021, 10:55:12 PM »

Admin
Topic split from this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy your break Max,  have a good time :)

Thanks will do, I off to bed now. Hope it nice sunny weather in the next few days  :fingers:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:41:42 AM by kitz »

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Max's G.Fast upgrade to 330
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 11:20:27 PM »

Thanks will do, I off to bed now. Hope it nice sunny weather in the next few days  :fingers:

:no: @ your sig.
Was there a point in asking us our opinion? ::)

Enjoy your break away max. Get some fresh Welsh air.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 11:22:35 PM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:45:00 PM »

:no: @ your sig.
Was there a point in asking us our opinion? ::)

So you wasted people's time on this forum asking their advice?  You totally ignored what they had to say. 

You lied in your post here

Ok fair enough. I stay with 160/30. I will uninstalled dslstats and don't need to look at max rate anymore. I will keep £7 a month for something else.  ;)

...  and then lied again here.

Still on 160/30  ;D

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1623169445261771555

---

You wasted not only my time but multiple members of this forum's time with your lies. I need to walk away now before I do or say anything rash.

[Edited (by a very annoyed b*cat) to complete what Kitz was trying to type and to correct the links.]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:30:48 AM by burakkucat »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 12:14:20 AM »

I choose to assume he is just quoting the attainable rate there as he seemed quite obsessed with it, even though it made zero difference to his connection due being on the 160 package.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 12:36:04 AM »

He made an announcement on TTB that he had changed overnight to the higher package.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 12:36:18 AM »

I am not sure what I am supposed to think . . . for, yesterday afternoon, I saw a post in the Thinkbroadband forum with the title "UnchainedISP G.fast 221/30".

[Edit: banger's fingers were quicker than my paws.]
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 12:50:29 AM »

I am completely lost on whats going on, whats happened?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 12:55:14 AM »

This G.fast will not cancelled this time. Look folk, if I am happy with 221/30

Oh dear, this cannot end well as its just going to encourage him to stat watch and fret every time SRA reduces his speed.

I really thought he saw the logic in having plenty of spare margin so he'd never have to worry about dropping below his package rate.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 01:16:14 AM »

My G.fast isn't go bond well, SNR are mess up as it I thought Connection Rate will stay at 221 but went down to 178 when snr went higher @ 6.2dB from 2.9dB as I thought it was suppose to locked at SNR 3.1dB on G.fast?

:-\ :-\ :no: :no: :'( :'(

Why didn't I listen to u all to stay on 160/30!

I am going to cancel G.fast when I get back from Wales going back to PN VDSL 80/20. I have no sleep for a week. I do miss PN ISP. They are good to me! Oh dear what the matter with me???????

I can't get my head out of it!

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 01:45:50 AM »

History repeats itself. :(
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 01:49:21 AM »

Can they not just downgrade you back to 160 and call it a day?  You'll just be tempted to try again later and potentially alienate another ISP.

Plus it makes no sense to put yourself through the hassle of changing everything again.  You had a good thing going on 160 as there was plenty of spare margin and a better DLM implementation thanks to vectoring and SRA compared to VDSL.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 02:30:13 AM »

I thought it was suppose to locked at SNR 3.1dB on G.fast?

Absolutely not. 
Why on earth do you think we repeatedly told you about SRA and how it would be far more apparent on the 330 product because you would not have the safety buffer like on the 160 product.   Before you decided you decided to upgrade, you said you understood the implications of SRA.    It's what made your upstream more variable this time, and it is what affected your downstream speed last time you were on g.fast.       

You lied in the other thread and I'm afraid I can't believe that you really think this either, you have been on broadband forums for long enough to know that SNR is a variable figure.

Harsh as it may sound, you didn't listen.  Not one single person thought it would be a good idea for you to upgrade. 

I am going to cancel G.fast

It was made abundantly clear to you, time and time again that you could not cancel.  Even UnchainedISP warned you it would be a bad idea to upgrade.  It will have cost UnchainedISP money for you to be upgraded.  How is it fair that they should be out of pocket because you ignored all best advice and then changed your mind yet again!

You cannot keep going round and round in circles ordering things then changing your mind constantly leaving other people to pick up the financial costs that you leave behind.
The harsh reality is that everyone else has to live with the consequences of decisions they make.

I suggest the best thing you can do is get rid of the Zyxel modem and never look at stats again.  Stop doing speedtests and just be happy that you have got a g.fast product that many people would still be envious of.

Your life will be a lot happier if you didn't constantly worry about your connection speed.   Having a break is the ideal opportunity to hopefully forget all about your connection.   Now go enjoy your holiday and put all thoughts about broadband out of your head, because there is naff all you can do about it now and worrying about it wont make a jot of difference to the outcome.

I think I've said all about that can be said, so I'm best locking this thread now before others comment - which they undoubtedly will - and before things get out of hand.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker