Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: BT Fibre First map updated today  (Read 4205 times)

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
Re: BT Fibre First map updated today
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2021, 08:37:55 AM »

I use this checker rather than openreach site cos it lots quicker to find it: https://api.superfastmaps.co.uk/fibrecities/2.0/
TF7 (no planned yet) oh well I have to be very patient!  :fingers:

Nice, direct link to the map underneath the website! Very useful, thank you.
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox

adrenalize

Re: BT Fibre First map updated today
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2021, 12:19:58 AM »

Map is interesting, can see they now got some tiny Leicestershire villages as planned.  Which probably have extremely weak commercial case.  But the page at least admits now there is political leverage. (government road plan).  The city completely blank.

They not covering the bigger towns in Leicestershire though, the coverage is mostly over farmland. The biggest village covered has just 3600 population.
To the very west of Leicetershire where I am for the last couple of years OR have been rolling FTTP out to a lot of previously sub 10Mbps premises (slowly) and in the last 6 months there has been a lot more activity. Our exchange area has been added to the Fibre villages plan (Dec 2026) and even more surprisingly they appear to be retrofitting the estate I am on (circa 2006) - I guess because spine cabling runs close already due to previouslbuild and it is ducted - so a cheap/quick win (blockages depending!). I can't see any other part of the village in plan yet! Pretty weak commercially though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything