Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Openreach boost rural FTTP coverage target to 6.2m by 2026  (Read 6101 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
Re: Openreach boost rural FTTP coverage target to 6.2m by 2026
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »

What if your exchange is listed but not the village you live in, should I be worried.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 06:49:55 PM »

Exchange builds are just that - connecting the premises to fibre that are currently connected to copper.

We survey 100% of those premises, even knowing there will be a certain percentage high-costed out of the particular build programme, and its budget. It means it has HE capacity planned in for when future FTTP programmes can pick it up, with bigger budgets.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2021, 07:04:38 PM »

When the checker is updated it should tell me if I’m within current plans, so I’ll wait and see.

I’m in a fairly large village which is technically the most affluent area within the exchange area, and FTTC uptake is large enough that every cabinet has 2 FTTC cabs.

:fingers:

garypower

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »

List up to 2026 and still no sign of Luton ... /sigh

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2021, 09:42:46 AM »

Although not in Luton - I feel your pain, myself.  ::)

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 02:42:16 PM »

Is it the full list up to 2026?

Doubt it.

Well, I know it. There's plenty going on that's not listed there and nowhere near enough premises in that map to hit the target.

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 03:58:17 PM »

Prices rise to cover higher wages. Until UBI that's how it's going to have to go.

Bit late to this party, but UBI will solve nothing going on the trials that have already taken place. How do we afford that as a country?
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 12:48:54 PM »

Exchange builds are just that - connecting the premises to fibre that are currently connected to copper.

We survey 100% of those premises, even knowing there will be a certain percentage high-costed out of the particular build programme, and its budget. It means it has HE capacity planned in for when future FTTP programmes can pick it up, with bigger budgets.
Does that mean that the plan now is to eventually provide fibre to all premises currently connected by copper?  I remember earlier Openreach were stressing that this wouldn't ne the case, and premises viewed as too expensive to connect would be omitted.  That was a news or press release article on here, maybe a year ago.

ads

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 06:16:29 PM »

Bet I still don't get FTTP in Clacton  :no:

Well I'll be... on the list to get FTTP by 2026

I'm definitely assuming kitz is the one to thank for this.

kitz is the best <3

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 07:12:59 PM »

Does that mean that the plan now is to eventually provide fibre to all premises currently connected by copper?  I remember earlier Openreach were stressing that this wouldn't ne the case, and premises viewed as too expensive to connect would be omitted.  That was a news or press release article on here, maybe a year ago.

The FTTP landscape is forever changing and ramping up, mate .... due in no small part to competition and government funding.

There are many build programmes going on and to give a definite answer to your question is impossible, I'm afraid. There will, I'm absolutely certain, be dwellings that won't ever have FTTP due to costs, but, will probably have some other form of high-speed connection such as 6G ??

I'm just like everyone else and enjoying the ride at the minute - considering the logistics behind it all, it really is a massive feat of engineering.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 09:28:22 PM »

Thats great news Ads.

haha of course not ya numpty... 2026 is still a way off but at least you've not been forgotten. 
Must catch up properly some time.    My fault, I'm dreadful at doing the social stuff some days - it wipes me.  Just want this sorted and sick of delays 'due to covid'.   TC you.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2021, 11:21:38 PM »

The FTTP landscape is forever changing and ramping up, mate .... due in no small part to competition and government funding.

There are many build programmes going on and to give a definite answer to your question is impossible, I'm afraid. There will, I'm absolutely certain, be dwellings that won't ever have FTTP due to costs, but, will probably have some other form of high-speed connection such as 6G ??

I'm just like everyone else and enjoying the ride at the minute - considering the logistics behind it all, it really is a massive feat of engineering.

So were thinking Openreach will just give up on hard to reach places as they will likely already be contracted for the fibre to the cell tower anyway so will be making their money either way from those areas?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 01:09:43 PM »

No idea.

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2021, 11:55:21 AM »

It is good to see. OR are very active around my parts. The slight problem it gives me is re-educating my friends and neighbours about how how FTTP is different to FTTC etc.Which is a nice problem. ;D
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2021, 12:57:14 PM »

Given the 330Mb limit on ECI exchanges, does anyone know if these exchanges are currently excluded from the plan. I'm particularly interested in Birtley exchange in Co. Durham which serves a very large residential area but does not seem to figure in any plan I have seen.
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4