Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Toob FTTP in Southampton (or Camberley perhaps)  (Read 1025 times)

moojuice

Toob FTTP in Southampton (or Camberley perhaps)
« on: May 23, 2021, 07:19:28 PM »

Do any of you here live in Southampton or in Camberley and have Toob FTTP installed yet? 900meg symmetrical!  ;D  If so, what do you think of it so far? What modem do they supply and what was the install experience like? For those who have not heard of them: https://www.toob.co.uk

I'm watching their map of Southampton and they have my area under "In Design" status. Seen a few of their engineers / subbies surveying the place too, so hopefully it's sooner than later.

My FTTC BT speeds used to be 80/20 but have dropped away over the years through crosstalk (shabby ECI cabinet) and what must be wet string for a dropwire! Mum who is still on an EO line on the Woolston exchange can barely get 10/0.5 ADSL So we're both keen on switching. Managed to collar one of the Toob engineers in the street, who confirmed it's coming soon and that they are using Openreach existing ducts & poles where possible. Can't come quick enough!

highpriest

• Reg Member
Re: Toob FTTP in Southampton (or Camberley perhaps)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 08:42:16 AM »

A few of my friends and colleagues have switched to Toob recently and they are all happy with the service. One guy reported problems with Toob's DNS servers but that was easily remedied by switching to Cloudflare DNS.
Zen | Zyxel VMG8324-B10A (with RFC4638 patch) | EdgeRouter PoE | UniFi AP AC Pro + Lite

anything