Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Goodbye Plusnet FTTC, Hello G.Fast from Unchained via TT Backhaul  (Read 10589 times)

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: Goodbye Plusnet FTTC, Hello G.Fast from Unchained via TT Backhaul
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2021, 10:57:18 PM »

It doesn't carry any DLM history. Completely new.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2021, 10:58:49 PM »

It doesn't carry any DLM history. Completely new.

Does DLM active straight away on the same day installation (or will DLM kick in active after 48 hours)?

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2021, 11:01:10 PM »

Does this router Zyxel XMG3927-B50A will show full stats rather than Openreach modem for dslstats?
the XMG3927-B50A will work with DSLstats. I have been using it for about 2 years with this device. The OR modem will give you no stats.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2021, 11:02:57 PM »

the XMG3927-B50A will work with DSLstats. I have been using it for about 2 years with this device. The OR modem will give you no stats.

So, I will swap over to  XMG3927-B50A when the engineer left, unplugged openreach modem and put it away in the cupboard. cheers

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2021, 01:53:56 AM »

So, I will swap over to  XMG3927-B50A when the engineer left, unplugged openreach modem and put it away in the cupboard. cheers

I can't help thinking your health would benefit from using the Openreach modem and ignoring the line stats entirely.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2021, 07:35:41 AM »

I can't help thinking your health would benefit from using the Openreach modem and ignoring the line stats entirely.

I'd second that.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2021, 07:59:28 AM »

You didn't stay off this for long, did you :( You really need some help, this can't be healthy or good for anyone.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2021, 08:45:34 AM »

Good idea, is the Zyxel on the latest firmware?

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »

@adslmax, please just use your ZyXel as a router and leave the Openreach modem in place. None of us want to see you obsessing about stats again as it really isn't a good place to be, and I think you know that too.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2021, 10:53:52 AM »

Don't worry guys I only look up stats one off but maybe you all are right. I think better off using Openreach modem and hook up with TP Link wireless router VR2600 the engineer will be able to tell me what the max line rate, if it was well over 160/30. Then leave it and both of us can enjoy netflix, xbox gaming, nowtv etc.

Don't need dslstats afterall

I have work out maths between TalkTalk Business ISP v Unchained ISP - I prefer 12 month contract.

TalkTalk Business Ultrafast Fibre 150 with line rental, 1 x free static ip address, free router,
openreach gfast modem, free connection and setup fee, 24/7/365 UK full support, 24 month contract

£31.14 x 12 = £373.68
£35.94 x 12 = £431.28
 Total x 24 = £804.96

UnchainedISP (Business G.fast 160/30 with TTB) with line only, 1 x free static ip address,
openreach gfast modem, free connection and setup fee, 24/7/365 UK full support, 12 month contract

£49.99 x 12 = £599.88
 Total x 12 = £599.88
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 01:04:12 PM by adslmax »

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2021, 02:58:45 PM »

You didn't stay off this for long, did you :( You really need some help, this can't be healthy or good for anyone.

At what point does the moderation team restrict this user from posting for their own good? This obsession really can’t be good.

Perhaps skip threads created by Max if you have no interest reading them.

He already received a year ban on Thinkbroadband, which is now up.
During that time he's been much better and sought help for mental health issues.

This is his 1st thread in over a year about switching ISP.
Is he never allowed to discuss changing ISP because of his previous posts?

I've criticised max a lot in the past, but he's taken advise from members here and elsewhere and made an effort to improve things.

I don't see how shunning him will help.

No you’re not fine. Not at all, this isn’t healthy.

That just comes across as being rude.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:28:07 PM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2021, 03:03:52 PM »

Some nice bloke from PN staff don't recommend me move away from ISP as PN will look after me and told me I should stay on with PN FTTC 80/20 but downgraded to 40/10 would be better as they say I don't use broadband usage much over the last 12 months. PN asked me are you really ok? Because u seem want to move to faster gfast which PN saying it a completely waste of money if I don't use it much.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2021, 03:07:53 PM »

Some nice bloke from PN staff don't recommend me move away from ISP as PN will look after me and told me I should stay on with PN FTTC 80/20 but downgraded to 40/10 would be better as they say I don't use broadband usage much over the last 12 months. PN asked me are you really ok? Because u seem want to move to faster gfast which PN saying it a completely waste of money if I don't use it much.

If you need faster speeds, go with G.Fast.
If you don't, stay where you are. You have a great deal with Plusnet.

It isn't fair to ISP's to create orders that you don't intend on going through with.

You also created threads here and on TBB about switching again.
That's part of the reason why you get posts like the ones above max.

Go with what you need, not what you can brag about max.

Good luck with your Dr appointment.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2021, 03:10:35 PM »

Thanks John

I will not cancel G.fast because my daughter want it as well. She use alots on her xbox gaming. She willing pay me half of it. Once G.fast installed, I shall forget it, enjoy the netflix tv uhd4K.

Thanks I hope doctor reviews are good news not bad news as my daughter is my full time carer for me.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »

I was about to make a different post but several posts have occurred since I started typing, so if editing it accordingly.   We in the past have been quite outspoken and frank with Max.  I'd like to think that some of that frankness is what pushed him to get medical help last time. 

I am concerned that Max started using that silly constant speed-tester last week....   but as his renewal is dueI can in part understand that will have caused him to start looking again.   I am also concerned about the financial aspect.....  but for the rest of it, J0hn has already summarised the facts of what else I was going to say,  in his post above. 

If you need faster speeds, go with G.Fast.
If you don't, stay where you are. You have a great deal with Plusnet.

It isn't fair to ISP's to create orders that you don't intend on going through with.

You also created threads here and on TBB about switching again.
That's part of the reason why you get posts like the ones above max.

Go with what you need, not what you can brag about max.

Good luck with your Dr appointment.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14