Announcements > News Articles

Three UK Adds New Anti-SPAM Filter and Continues 4G Upgrades

(1/1)

re0:

--- Quote ---Mobile operator Three UK has today issued a progress update on their various 4G and 5G (mobile broadband) network upgrades, which among other things reveals that they’ve now added their 1400MHz band to boost 4G speeds to over 1900 sites and have introduced a new anti-SPAM filter to protect text (SMS) messaging.
--- End quote ---
Source for full article: ISPreview

I have recently hopped back into their unlimited data plan and was surprised to see that the speeds in my area are pretty amazing now. They have deployed LTE B32 in my area, which seems to aggregate with B3 (B3+B32) in better signal areas, but can also do the same with B20 (B20+B32). So it seems like the mast now has B1, B3, B20 and B32 deployed. Even during the day, the speeds are often between 60-100 Mbps with B3+B32 on my smartphone (sadly sold the modem a while ago so I cannot test that). At night and early hours in the morning, it can exceed 200 Mbps now when in a more optimal location in the building.

As for the spam filter, I am not aware of any real change. I imagine it'll be subtle enough that most users won't notice any difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version