Broadband Related > Mobile broadband

Mobile broadband FASTER than DSL?

(1/5) > >>

Alex Atkin UK:
I know its usually faster than either of my DSL lines, twice as fast at times, but as today I've disconnected the modems TWICE due to the storms I noticed something curious - page load times seem FASTER on 4G Voxi alone than load balanced across my two DSL lines + 4G!  :o

I honestly can't explain why this is, it makes no sense.  The latency should be higher, but there seems to be significantly less lag to pages loading.

I suppose it could be that most of my policy routing rules are not enabled (I have pfSense configured to skip generating them if the gateway they are related to is down) but I really wouldn't have thought it would make an obvious difference like this.

I may also have been lucky here, just plugged the modems back in after the last storm and neither are getting any sync.  Fried line card?

g3uiss:
Storms here as well, both my lines suffered but no comment on the 4G as I only have it for fail over.

Alex Atkin UK:
Apparently the HH5As needed rebooting, go figure.

Well Zen has come back, the Plusnet line for some reason takes AGES to gain sync lately.

Alex Atkin UK:
Seems the Plusnet Hub has died, it wont sync.  Plugged in the Openreach ECI modem and that's connected fine.

aesmith:
How are you doing the load balancing?  Is it per client, or per connection or what?  Just wondering if the load balancing is inefficient where the RTT is wildly different between the circuits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version