Computer Software > Windows 10

Red crosses?

(1/1)

bob.gas:
SWMBO has been scanning some old photos on her side of the PC then imported &  saved them to a folder on the desktop.
Anyway, they nearly all have the little red crosses on the corner.
I did find out how to remove these years ago(very simply), but have forgotten. I have a feeling her highness Kitz is the one that helped me on CA?
I have done a search, but it seems rather complicated for this old geezer.
Does anyone have a very easy/straightforward way of removing them, please?

On another note...
Some of the photos aren't displayed, they are just a scenic type picture ???
Any advice is muchly appreciated. :)

Edit...I'm using chrome by the way (if that makes a difference)

tubaman:
A quick Google suggests this is happening because the files have failed to sync with OneDrive, perhaps because you have run out of storage. I don't think the actual photos have a red cross on them so there is nothing to 'remove' as such.
 :)

bob.gas:
thanks, tuba man.
I did eventually find that  :)
And you're are correct I downloaded a photo and there aren't any red crosses on it.
my wife and I don't use one drive, so still confused as to why they show ???

tubaman:

--- Quote from: bob.gas on May 10, 2021, 05:01:07 PM ---...
my wife and I don't use one drive, so still confused as to why they show ???

--- End quote ---

You may be using it without being aware as by default it'll try to upload your files there - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/files-save-to-onedrive-by-default-in-windows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: tubaman on May 10, 2021, 05:31:54 PM ---You may be using it without being aware as by default it'll try to upload your files there - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/files-save-to-onedrive-by-default-in-windows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7

--- End quote ---

It does seem to try to get you to enable it after updates so definitely possibly its been accidentally turned on.

What really annoys me is I haven't used it in ages and recently I were getting "login to One Drive" messages.

I also got several "there is a problem with your Microsoft Account" recently, though that seems to have gone away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version