Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Gmail and whitelisting  (Read 4030 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Gmail and whitelisting
« on: May 01, 2021, 04:42:14 PM »

I am finding the matter utterly confusing, but is there a whitelist facility in Gmail, or any other way to ensure certain essential messages get through?

Today I have been waiting for a reset code to arrive from a financial site. No junk folder exists, so I can't look there.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Gmail and whitelisting
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 06:37:13 PM »

I don't use GMail in its web form much, but I can see one possibility: Under 'Settings' select the 'Inbox' tab. Under 'Filtered mail' do you have 'Turn on smart features and personalisation' enabled? If you do, there's a subsection where you can override filters, which seems to be the same as whitelisting.
  Eric

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 08:29:46 PM »

No junk folder exists, so I can't look there.

Gmail does has a Spam folder where you can mark messages as "Not Spam" to help train the filters etc..

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 11:09:21 PM »

You cant make emails bypass the gmail spam filters, to make it less likely that future emails end up in junk folder, what you can do is selected the this is not spam button, and that will adjust their database scoring.

However you can add a rule that would even apply to the junk folder to move emails that fit the rules you set to a folder of your choosing, this wont do anything for emails they outright block but can help you out with one's going to the spam/junk folder.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 10:41:51 AM »

I found the Spam folder, but it was way down the extended list, that follows Inbox, so not immediately visible. Filtered mail doesn't appear anywhere. Many options are unneeded. I've found no way to edit out those, nor raise Spam to a higher place.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 02:08:24 PM »

I've found no way to edit out those, nor raise Spam to a higher place.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:14:58 PM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM