Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: iPad WLAN i/o hangs - iPadOS 14.5.1  (Read 2810 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
iPad WLAN i/o hangs - iPadOS 14.5.1
« on: May 15, 2021, 12:42:00 AM »

I have an iPad Pro v4 (2020 model) which is very new. Recently it has started hanging (sort-of) waiting on WLAN i/o operations for no good reason. When it gets into this state, even network operations that do not involve communications across the internet are affected, so even LAN-internal comms. I can always fix it by disabling then reenabling the WLAN i/f (swipe-downwards from the top rh corner) but then the problem just occurs again later, until I eventually reboot, which restores normality for a good while.

Does anyone know anything about this? I don’t think I have seen this with my other iPad models and my wife has not complained about this even though she has the same h/w and the same o/s. One thing that is different about this particular machine is that it doesn’t have a SIM fitted in its SIM slot yet, as I haven’t got round to it. That’s the only thing that comes to mind. I can soon change that to see if it makes any difference. Perhaps that is very rare, having a 4G i/f with no SIM in it?

anything