Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Simon's Cat -- Technical Hitch  (Read 641 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Simon's Cat -- Technical Hitch
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 06:05:45 PM »

Brilliant!   This has got to be one of my favourites.    ;D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 06:28:11 PM »

;D
  Eric

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 06:33:11 PM »

Been there, although many moons ago before Zoom and the like!
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 12:12:38 AM »

What a gorgeous cat.  Is it a Maine Coon?

I've kind of been there, but not as bad.   I have to disable the shutdown button on both the top of my PC and the keyboard as that event would happen far too often.   I also have to keep a cushion at the side of my keyboard, in an attempt to define the boudary of where one of mine can sit and where he cant.   As he is constantly at my side it was useless saying No and he would sit on the keyboard because he has to touch me.   The cushion is in such a position that he can sit in comfort and still hook his paws around my arm.    I still end up with him accidentally pressing buttons on the keyboard. - Zoom and the open all minimised happens most days.  Wouldn't have it any other way as I love how he is my constant companion and secretly love that he hooks hold of my arm... as he seems to know when pain is really bad and will pay additional attention trying to groom my arm to help make it better.   It's quite funny if I try move it out of reach as he will hook my arm and move it back so he can reach and remain in contact.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 07:43:36 AM »

There was Maine Coon in her lineage, but mainly Persian. Sadly no longer with us, but quite a character with a fascination for the "clack" of that keyboard! Usually I could persuade her to sit on my lap with just her head above the desk so she could keep watch.
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 10:35:30 AM »

Quote from: burakkucat

:)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 09:56:34 PM »

@vic
She is stunning, it was the coat & colouring especially with the paler mane that made me wonder about a MC.  She also has the slightly elongate jaw that you see in some MC's and not the typical Persian flat face.    I* assume its the same one in your avatar, but its just a bit small for me to see any detail in that image. 
-----

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 11:27:10 AM »

Thanks @Kitz. I checked her pedigree and both Great Grandparent and Great Great Grandparent on the Dam side were Maine Coon. The others all appear to be Persian. Her colour was noted as Black Smoke. My avatar is one of our Persians, a blue cream (see pic).

Sadly all of our three cats have now gone and we have decided not to replace them. Mainly due to the distress of them all going relatively close to each other and concern that any new arrival might outlive us! Plus vet's bills, insurance, kennels etc. etc. the list goes on!  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 03:29:13 PM »

>>> I checked her pedigree

Thanks - what a wonderful combination she is.  A quick google seemed to show that the Black smoke with a white mane is a MC trait but I did see it in a few Persians and  Norwegian Forrest too.

Your Persian is also beautiful, thanks for showing a larger photo.   I know there is a trend atm where you are to discouraged from buying from breeders, but its my belief there are some wonderful breeders out there...  and reputable ones are needed to preserve some of the wonderful features and wide variety of breeds that have distinctive body shapes or colours that seldom occur in moggies.   Moggies are wonderful, but there are some qualities that only appear in certain pedigrees.

On the flip side I dislike what some breeders do when they breed for a feature I believe is not in the cats best health interest.   ie the Ultra Persians.   That is not natural, nor is it IMO pretty, nvm the fact it makes the cat liable to nasal & eye problems.    It's saddened me to see that they've tried to breed Ultra into the Chinchilla Persian    The Chinchilla was supposed to be so distinctive because it only had a mildly flat face when compared to standard persians, but now they've actually succeeded in making an Ultra Chinchilla become 'normal' for the standard.   

FGS Why?
Why on earth turn a breed what looked like this...... 

into this?

Aside from the coat, the body shape particularly the head is nothing like the original breed.   Anyhow I best get off my soapbox.   /rant.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 03:32:04 PM by kitz »
-----

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 04:08:06 PM »

I completely agree with you, it can cause all sorts of unpleasant problems for the cat. Even Daisy (the Persian pictured) was plagued with eye infections due to nasal issues. Thankfully she is clear in this photo! All of our cats came from so-called breeders, but they were really just hobbyists quite happy for us to visit the kittens a few times and usually allow one of them to choose us! It was like that with Daisy, she was one of a small litter and would always make herself at home on my knee when we went, so was the obvious choice. The breeder was distraught when we took her as she had hoped to keep her for herself (as a pet). She came to see Daisy in her new home some weeks later and left happy she was in a good home.

anything