Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Beamish Exchange Fibre Rollout (NEBEA)  (Read 5957 times)

Chunk72

Re: Beamish Exchange Fibre Rollout (NEBEA)
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 02:52:28 PM »

8 vans and lots of activity up in Beamish outside Peggy's Wicket today, looks like they are still connecting previously installed CBT's to the splitters and adding CBT's where there is a new pole.

I've started to plot where the service is live in the local area, cross checked with postcodes and the wholesale checker and will send the info to Andrew at TB so he can update their map. There seems to be a complete lack of publicity otherwise.

Chunk72

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2021, 04:27:34 PM »

The ThinkBroadband map has been updated with the info I provided.

Almost all properties in No Place and West Pelton can now place an order.

Grange Villa (Stone Row is live), Pelton (lots of live postcodes), High Handenhold (live in 2 streets around the exchange), Beamish (live around Station Cottages) and Newfield (Hares Buildings and Oak Terrace are live) currently have spotty availability but the hardware is largely deployed and being commissioned - lots of properties will go live in large chunks pretty soon I think.

There are outstanding works to finish deployment in Grange Villa and Pelton Lane Ends (Beamish Court is live).

So far there have been no sign of works to reach properties at the top of Beamish near the Shepherd & Shepherdess or Hammer Square Bank, Cranberry Bog Road, Pockerley, Riding Farm, Stoney Lane, High Urpeth and I suspect these will be pushed into 2022 or beyond, maybe even fall under BDUK which we are currently awaiting the findings of the last OMR which are due to be published by the end of Summer (!)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 04:31:06 PM by Chunk72 »

Chunk72

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2021, 05:01:35 PM »

As expected my PON was high costed out of the current rollout due to the potential cost of civils and anticipated road closures. The existing route being down a country lane with silted ducts, closures would be the only safe way to work.

We do have a glimmer of hope, having suggested an alternate route this is going to be resurveyed to see if there is capacity to extend the network from the top of Stoney Lane and get to us from that direction, and as it would be much less disruptive and hopefully cheaper it could still happen.

Keeping everything crossed.

Chunk72

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »

Our PON and the suggested alternate route has been resurveyed by the Chief Engineers team this week and is now with costing to see if the numbers add up.

Elsewhere around the exchange area a few additional poles have been put in and some street works are outstanding in the next few weeks to enable the already deployed CBT’s to be lit and commissioned.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2021, 06:05:21 PM »

Thank you for the update.

Hopefully the result (from the bean-counters) will be positive.  :fingers:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chunk72

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2021, 11:13:14 AM »

So another surveyor was out yesterday and walked the road, should get an update no later than next Friday.

Also this week, there are OR advanced closure notices for next March on Cranberry Bog Road which is a more difficult deployment than our PON and only has circa 7 properties plus a riding school and small holiday park. Odd decision if the Project Manager has chosen to build this PON ahead of ours, but that’s all part of the mystery.

Oh and the detailed Durham roadworks site is now defunct, just goes to an IIS Windows instance, which is a shame. They are all in on one.network now.

Still living in hope of fttp, will have to take another 12 month contract for 16/0.5 fttc this month or suck up out of contract costs and see what happens.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 01:11:37 PM by Chunk72 »

Chunk72

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2021, 11:37:10 AM »

Did another postcode check yesterday, lots more areas live (44 additional postcodes). Plenty of streets in Pelton, all of High Handenhold & Pelton Lane Ends are now showing as live.

The outstanding areas are:

Greenacres, Ivyway, Southfield and Thornton Lea / Thorntons Close in Pelton

Most of Grange Villa (recent works have been completed and likely waiting on database updates as it has all been fibred)

Busty View, North View, South View and Newfield Terrace in Newfield

Edencroft in West Pelton

View Tops, Abbot's Walk, Stoney Lane and Everything above and including Birchwood Close in Beamish towards the Shepherd & Shepherdess 

Everything rural

2 OR road closures have appeared for Cranberry Bog Road next March which could be good news for the 6 properties distributed along it, or may be entirely unrelated.

Personally things have gone quiet and I am resigned to our PON being left out. As OR indicated we would be covered in the commercial build we missed out on the vouchers and unless we get scoped into the next phase of Digital Durham or OR find some additional funding it looks like a long wait. Edit - update today from Chief Engineer Team says they have identified 3 possible routes, all of which will require a degree of road closure and no decision has yet been made while they weigh up the costs. Next update next Friday at the latest.

The outcome of the OMR has yet to be published on the .gov or Durham website so it remains a waiting game. Edit- the public review closure note has been posted today but is somewhat opaque in the coverage detail. It says tender will start January 22 contract start November 22 so in reality no work will likely happen before spring 2023.

I am very happy for those who are now able to order a service, the ISP's and OR seem very slow to be advertising availability but I have seen a few connections on my travels.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:24:26 PM by Chunk72 »

Chunk72

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2021, 02:57:45 PM »

Todays confirmation that we and the other 26 properties on our PON won’t be covered in the current commercial rollout.

Expected but still gutted.

OR suggested resurrecting our community fibre scheme but this maybe a non starter as the area is no longer able to apply for vouchers because it was flagged to be covered commercially and we are not eligible. Off to see if/where Digital Durham have us in their list.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2021, 04:44:36 PM »

Very unfortunate.  :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chunk72

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2021, 12:44:35 PM »

Yes not great. Digital Durham have effectively told me to ask again this time next year to see where we are in the procurement plans. Not heard anything back from CFP team either which is no surprise, not much to do before the voucher scheme reopens in Spring.

Good news if you live in Chester-Le-Street and surrounding villages as Openreach have started prep to lay fibre in earnest. Rodding and roping for Spine cabling going in all over the place, even working on weekends.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 02:05:49 PM by Chunk72 »

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2021, 05:34:24 PM »

"oh you'll just have to wait" is such a great response when for all they know you're struggling to work from home on crap broadband.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chunk72

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2021, 02:11:20 PM »

I know it's a right cop out from them, seems they are aggrieved because BDUK have taken ownership of the project. Direct Quote from reply "As Project Gigabit is a BDUK initiative, Digital Durham are not directly involved with the delivery, however, we would hope to have a better understanding of which premises will be upgraded as part of this delivery towards the end of next year, when the intervention areas have been finalised."

DOWNLOAD
Mbps

UPLOAD
Mbps

LATENCY
ms

PACKET LOSS
%

Hope OR find some loose change down the back of the metaphorical sofa and come back to finish the bits left out.

Chunk72

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2022, 12:12:49 PM »

Just as an update to this old thread, I had an unexpected email from OR Fibre Enquiries team yesterday.

"We've reviewed your enquiry as our records were not updated to show that Fibre to the Premises is available to order for you as per the timescales shared earlier.

Unfortunately, the project planned to upgrade your area to FTTP has been delayed and now expected to be completed in the year 2024. As you may understand that delay can be caused due to various factors but be assured that we will try our best to complete the engineering works as soon as possible."

The cynic in me thinks the delay is brought about by the chance of additional funding from the BDUK contract which is due to be awarded any time now and expected to start either later this year or early next and will nicely offset or balance the cost of civils for long line areas that were missed out last year.

In the meantime there is overbuild going on like the clappers with VM blanketing Chester-Le-Street, Great Lumley and Washington and even beating OR to the punch where areas had been previously announced. In a nearby village that Netomnia successfully raised vouchers for and are installing OR have popped up there too.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2022, 06:27:53 PM »

The cynic in me thinks the delay is brought about by the chance of additional funding from the BDUK contract which is due to be awarded any time now and expected to start either later this year or early next and will nicely offset or balance the cost of civils for long line areas that were missed out last year.

It isn't eligible for funding if it's part of a current rollout plan, even a very delayed plan.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything