Broadband Related > FTTP Rollout

Beamish Exchange Fibre Rollout (NEBEA)

<< < (9/9)

Alex Atkin UK:
"oh you'll just have to wait" is such a great response when for all they know you're struggling to work from home on crap broadband.

Chunk72:
I know it's a right cop out from them, seems they are aggrieved because BDUK have taken ownership of the project. Direct Quote from reply "As Project Gigabit is a BDUK initiative, Digital Durham are not directly involved with the delivery, however, we would hope to have a better understanding of which premises will be upgraded as part of this delivery towards the end of next year, when the intervention areas have been finalised."

DOWNLOAD
Mbps

UPLOAD
Mbps

LATENCY
ms

PACKET LOSS
%

Hope OR find some loose change down the back of the metaphorical sofa and come back to finish the bits left out.

Chunk72:
Just as an update to this old thread, I had an unexpected email from OR Fibre Enquiries team yesterday.

"We've reviewed your enquiry as our records were not updated to show that Fibre to the Premises is available to order for you as per the timescales shared earlier.

Unfortunately, the project planned to upgrade your area to FTTP has been delayed and now expected to be completed in the year 2024. As you may understand that delay can be caused due to various factors but be assured that we will try our best to complete the engineering works as soon as possible."

The cynic in me thinks the delay is brought about by the chance of additional funding from the BDUK contract which is due to be awarded any time now and expected to start either later this year or early next and will nicely offset or balance the cost of civils for long line areas that were missed out last year.

In the meantime there is overbuild going on like the clappers with VM blanketing Chester-Le-Street, Great Lumley and Washington and even beating OR to the punch where areas had been previously announced. In a nearby village that Netomnia successfully raised vouchers for and are installing OR have popped up there too.

j0hn:

--- Quote from: Chunk72 on April 19, 2022, 12:12:49 PM ---The cynic in me thinks the delay is brought about by the chance of additional funding from the BDUK contract which is due to be awarded any time now and expected to start either later this year or early next and will nicely offset or balance the cost of civils for long line areas that were missed out last year.

--- End quote ---

It isn't eligible for funding if it's part of a current rollout plan, even a very delayed plan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version