Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Beamish Exchange Fibre Rollout (NEBEA)  (Read 5963 times)

Chunk72

Re: Beamish Exchange Fibre Rollout (NEBEA)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »

Nothing exciting to report this past week, there was some splicing being done in Pelton and some works in Grange Villa to clear blockages at the base of the poles, some additional poles have gone in and some pole replacement work is scheduled.

A good bit of Grange Villa and High Handenhold is now ready and waiting for CBT's to be fitted to poles.

Still nothing happening on the outlying properties away from the villages. Fingers still crossed our PON gets the green light.

Chunk72

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 03:22:16 PM »

Some properties on Station Road in Beamish with postcode DH9 0QU can now order up to 1000/220 fttp.

Lucky devil’s

Chunk72

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 02:39:41 PM »

CBT’s being installed on poles today in Grange Villa. Joint boxes being installed at Pelton Lane Ends but otherwise quiet this past week or so. Nothing new on the planned roadworks front, maybe waiting a team to arrive from another area.

Chunk72

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 12:03:28 PM »

Quick observation today driving through Grange Villa where CBT's are currently being mounted.

Aerial fibre being strung between telegraph poles, an engineer on the ground with a very long stick with a loop on the top that looked to be attached to the overhead copper cable as a guide, walking from the pole with fibre to the destination pole. To maintain tension on the fibre cable to stop it sagging down there was an engineer up the top of the originating pole.

I know for copper services one way pulleys and thin rope leader with a bit of drag on the reel of copper are used to extend cables between poles and for road crossings.

Bet the looped pole has a fancy OpenReach name too, really interesting to see the deployment process evolve.

Chunk72

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2021, 09:01:31 AM »

25th - 29th June
JCN OF PELTON LANE ON C4 (FROM A693 TO PELTON LANE) - Locate and Excavate 1 blockage in existing duct.

AT JNC WITH C4 (FROM A693 TO PELTON LANE) TO OPP S/O 1 VICTORIA TERRACE ON PELTON LANE - Locate and excavate 1 blockage in existing duct.

5th - 7th July
o/s sub station on Sandyford, Pelton and also o/s 43 Ivy Way on Sandyford of DH2 1DR - Access required to lay ducting and clear 2 blockages in order to provide broadband services to customers, this is part of the rural build project for Beamish Village

o/s 41-42 Ivy Way, Pelton DH2 1DR - Excavation to lay duct in order to provide customers with high speed broadband services, this is part of the rural build project for Beamish Village

After a few weeks with work being done on poles and without the need for roadworks, Openreach have started to schedule more works on the project. Some areas are now live and able to order, lucky lucky people.

Chunk72

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2021, 04:02:34 PM »

1st July
R/O 13/15 PROVIDENT STREET ON ALEXANDRA STREET (BACK), ALEXANDRA STREET (BACK), Pelton Lane Ends - [Utility repair and maintenance works] REPLACE 1 EXISTING BT POLE

Noticed today a particularly difficult run of poles in thick foliage between the Shepherd and Shepherdess pub and the Aged Miners Homes in Beamish have had some clearing work done and blue rope strung pole to pole overhead.

Some new additions:
5th - 7th July
OS 1 SANDYFORD PLACE PELTON CHESTER LE STREET DH2 1DH - excavation to install new fibre service

o/S 2 FAIRFIELD PELTON CHESTER - EXCAVATION TO INSTALL NEW FIBRE SERVICE

6th - 8th July
24 TO 20 MOSSWAY, Pelton - EXCAVATION TO INSTALL NEW FIBRE SERVICE

Still no sign of activity in our area.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 02:30:29 PM by Chunk72 »

Chunk72

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2021, 09:17:38 AM »

Latest roadworks, this information might start to disappear as Durham Council seems to have adopted One.Network on their roadworks page but for now the old system is still accessible and updated. https://durhamvi.symology.net/

28th - 29th September
JCN Pelton lane and Albert street Grange Villa Durham DH2 3LJ - ROAD CLOSURE REQUIRED TO ALLOW CIVILS TEAM TO CLEAR BLOCKAGES IN CARRAIGEWAY. OFF PEAK WORKING

1st - 5th October

R/O 2-4 LOVAINE STREET ON GRETA STREET SOUTH, Pelton Lane Ends - Road Closure to install 15m of 1 way poly duct in Carriageway

I know that to put street works in especially closures requires months of advanced notice so perhaps these dates will move forward once they have been processed by the council - I was of the understanding that the Beamish project was slated to be mostly complete by the end of September.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 11:27:01 PM »

Certainly seems the case round here that jobs will show on one.network as "Advanced planning", disappear, then come back later as "Planned work about to start".
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chunk72

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2021, 12:50:28 PM »

Quite the update today, I have had a good physical look around and made some notes below, work is ongoing in Pelton and High Handenhold.

This morning High Handenhold was swamped with OR vans and people, I stopped counting at 10 vans.

State of play:

No Place
All properties in No Place now have access to FTTP.

Beamish Village
Station Cottages, Station Road, Woodside, Deneside, Abbots Walk, View Tops,Nicholson's Terrace, Properties on New Road, Urpeth Villas and Urpeth Hill Top all have CBT's and work looks complete, I believe this is live now? Some infill to do closer to the old Miners Cottages and Birchwood Close perhaps.

High Handenhold
Work in progress - South View, Victoria Terrace, Eppleton Terrace, Denton Cottages, Cartmel Terrace all have CBT's mounted. Arthur Street and Sydney Street have been blue roped to base of poles.
Baytree Terrace,Lilac Gardens and High Hold Bungalows are being worked on today - they had already been blue roped. Observed splitters being put in pavement chambers, CBT's will be up shortly.
2 chaps splicing in the Agg Node outside the Fire Station.

Pelton
Work ongoing today on The Parade and in Ivy Way and Fairfield.
Heathmeads, The Wynd, Constance Street, Ernest Street, Properties on Front Street, Pelton Lane, Wheldon Terrace and Lyons Terrace all have CBT's in place and look complete. Brackenbeds, Thorntons Lea and Thorntons close I'm not sure as they are UG fed.

Newfield
Kensington Way (New build estate has had native FTTP from Day 1), Roseberry Villas, Properties on Newfield Road, Newfield Inn, Hares Buildings, Oakdale Terrace all have CBT's and work looks complete. I believe FTTP is available to order.

Pelton Lane Ends
Nothing yet, some duct works have been done and a road closure is in place for October for more work.

Grange Villa
Mostly complete, Front Street, East Street, West Street, Albert Street, Queen Street, Stone Row all have CBT's mounted and work looks complete. Pine Street has CBT's mounted and fibre coiled waiting to be spliced in.

West Pelton
All Properties on Twizell Lane, Plantation View, Eden Hill Farm, Summerfield, Hepburn Gardens and Edenfield all have CBT's mounted and work looks complete. A quick postcode check shows not live yet.

So the vast majority of work has been done, the Exchange has 10 fttc cabinets with 3 of those offering Gfast.

What has not yet been done: Properties down Hammer Square Bank, Cranberry Bog Road, Pockerley Buildings, Riding Farm, Urpeth Forge, Minstrel Farm, Papermill Cottages, hamlet of High Urpeth, Stoney Lane and properties on Blue House Bank all of which are on long lines from Beamish.

I understand why OR have done the rollout the way they have on a cost per premises passed basis but they have yet to address the 2 to 24Mbps customers while upgrading those who already had great connections and that galls a little bit.  :fingers: it gets to us before they move out of the area and call this rollout done.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:00:13 PM by Chunk72 »

Chunk72

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2021, 01:47:54 PM »

More street work activity has popped up for the work in progress areas and Pelton Lane Ends.

28th - 30th July
O/S 10 VICTORIA TERRACE HIGH HOLD PELTON CHESTER LE STREET DH2 1PZ - Access required to lay duct in order to provided customer with high speed broadband services, this is part of the rural build project for Beamish Village

opp 13 The Parade Chester Le Street DH2 1NF - Access required to carry out excavation in order to provide high speed broadband services to customer. This is part of the rural build project for Beamish Village

o/s 1 Oak Terrace Chester Le Street DH2 1NG - Access required to carry out excavation in order to provide high speed broadband services to customer. This is part of the rural build project for Beamish Village

O/S 49 MIDDLEFIELD PELTON CHESTER LE STREET DH2 1DP - Access required to lay duct in order to provide customer with high speed broadband services, This is part of the rural build project for Beamish Village

29th July - 2nd August
opp 1 industrial St and nr 1 Industrial St on back Pelton Lane Ends DH2 - Access required to excavate in order to provide high speed broadband services to customers. This is part of the rural build project for Beamish Village

r/o 8 Alexander Street back, Pelton DH2 - Access required to carry out excavation in order to provided high speed broadband services to customers, This is part of the rural build project for Beamish village

o/s 12 Edward Terrace on Pelton Lane, Pelton DH2 -  Access required in order to clear a blockage in order to provide high speed broadband services to customer, This is part of the rural build project for Beamish Village

r/o 3 Greta Street on Pelton Mews, Chester Le Street DH2 - Access required to provide customer with high speed broadband services, this is part of the rural build project for Beamish village

There is also a DSLAM replacement taking place right in the middle of a freshly fibred patch, I am reasonably sure this is a replacement for a 2013 ECI cabinet.

2nd - 6th August
Side of 32 PELTON LANE on SANDYFORD - BEAMISH 7 - DSLAM 867837 - STREET CABINET & POWER INSTALLATION. Excavate to lay approx 3m BT ducts, Lay concrete plinth, Stand cab. Excavate to expose low voltage cable for Power Connection and lay approx 3m duct. POWER engineer to carry out inspection prior to jointing. POWER jointing team to insert cable and execute jointing works. Reinstate, Check and clear site.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 01:52:43 PM by Chunk72 »

Chunk72

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »

By way of an update, OR have been busy in Pelton and Grange Villa with various duct unblocking and splicing activities. A few roadworks are in place for mop up in estates that weren't covered 1st go round.

Most likely is unconnected but OR have had a large presence pulling fibre up Station Road and around the bottom of Urpeth Grange, this are is fed from the Birtley Exchange which is not in any currently announced plans as the area is carpeted with Virgin Media. It could be the fibre is to enable more masts for Voneus wi-fi who are the only provider operating in Ouston and Perkinsville.

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2021, 11:17:58 AM »

Regarding Urpeth Grange, Openreach have been in Bellerby Drive all week pulling in fibre for FTTP. I've no idea whether it's being fed from Beamish or Birtley though.
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

Chunk72

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2021, 12:37:36 PM »

Regarding Urpeth Grange, Openreach have been in Bellerby Drive all week pulling in fibre for FTTP. I've no idea whether it's being fed from Beamish or Birtley though.

That's interesting, Urpeth Grange has areas that barely get above adsl speeds, and as I said not announced in any plans that I can see, maybe Digital Durham? Birtley will likely be a headend Exchange, cool that they have gotten the fibre across the east coast mainline and up to the estate in about a week.

Beamish and surrounds fibre all goes back to the headend in Stanley Exchange.

Chunk72

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »

This past week there has been some sweeping up activity completed. A couple of new poles to facilitate provision where they had got stuck earlier in the summer.

Interesting to see a few CBT’s have been mounted on Joint User Poles with Electricity which I had thought was a no-no but they are definitely there.

Splicing activity and finishing up Laurel Crescent / Baytree Terrace this past Thursday and Friday.

Further 4 road closures planned for back streets of Pelton Lane Ends and Grange Villa to finish their PON deployments where blockages are preventing fibre being ran.

Still no sign of activity for the more difficult to reach areas and with streetworks requiring 3 months notice if a closure is required we are looking at next year now if indeed our PON makes the cut.

Very frustrating as I’ve yet to see a single live connection on my travels.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2021, 05:19:30 PM »

Interesting to see a few CBT’s have been mounted on Joint User Poles with Electricity which I had thought was a no-no but they are definitely there.

That must make provisioning a lot more complicated/expensive due to the precautions needed when going up such a pole.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 [2] 3