Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Plusnet to Launch FTTP Soon  (Read 7122 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Plusnet to Launch FTTP Soon
« on: April 25, 2021, 03:46:11 PM »

Sam Calvert, Marketing Director of Plusnet said, “2021 is going to be a big year for Plusnet - we are continuing to simplify our product range so we can invest in developments to improve our reliability - such as a new wireless router, and the launch of full fibre (FTTP). We’re also continuing to simplify our website and apps so customers can make the most of these digital channels.

“Most importantly, we’re making sure our customers are happy by continuing to deliver award-winning customer service when they need us most.”

Link here: https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2021/02/look-inside-Uswitch-Broadband-Provider-of-the-Year-Plusnet/

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
Re: Plusnet to Launch FTTP Soon
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 05:37:57 PM »

Never believe anything marketing people say, especially at Director level, they don't know what's really going on.

On the Plusnet forum, the long awaited firmware update for the HUB1 has still not been released as new bugs have been found. Bob Pullen is working to sort this and when asked about a new router he says he knows nothing about it. I suppose that is to be expected if has not been announced yet but is it just marketing hype.

Also there is no sign of FTTP or G.Fast services coming from Plusnet.

As for simplifying the website they seem to be removing almost all methods of contacting support. >:(

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »

Good that they're finally getting on board with FTTP, though I must admit I'm not sure what the point of them is now. Not sure where they fit in the family given BT and EE.

Wonder if they'll install a 4th line for me?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 06:27:05 PM »

We’re also continuing to simplify our website and apps

That to me means get rid of any extras and cut stuff back.

Also there is no sign of FTTP or G.Fast services coming from Plusnet.

G.fast I can perhaps understand, I see no reason why they wouldnt want to retail FTTP as part of their product suite.   As the man says with more people working at home, then more people looking to increase their bandwidth and may end up going to the likes of TT.   The added advantage of FTTP stability over FTTC has got to be a big bonus when it comes to support time and costs which have increased since FTTC.

IMHO it would be stupid of them not to..  because they are no longer just competing against "BT" and the niche providers...  but the customers they will be hoping to attract will be those who would otherwise turn to TT.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 06:37:07 PM »

As for simplifying the website they seem to be removing almost all methods of contacting support.

Certainly makes it simpler for them, no contact, no complaints!

Wonder if they will ever manage to fix their "new" admin/billing system as impemented end of 2018?
I gave up after 11 years of patronage and 2 years of unresolved admin issues.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 06:55:32 PM »

Funny is plusnet took two years to fix my billing issues and written off the last two years with no charge against line rental and fttc 80/20. Almost free for two years. And plusnet has apology to me but as a goodwill gesture they put my biggest discount for fibre 80/20 £20.03 monthly discounts for 12 months cost me just 96p for fibre and line only last year as it expires this June this year.

I did ask Bob Pullen about when will plusnet have new router, FTTP and g fast service. Bob say nothing is planned as he aware of.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 03:46:37 AM »

Here we go!

FTTP coming soon from Plusnet this summer! Look like Plusnet snub G.fast afterall.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/04/broadband-isp-plusnet-uk-predicted-to-launch-fttp-this-summer.html

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 10:17:37 AM »

I wouldn't hold your breath, could be months, or years, no doubt they'd blame the billing system, I'm sure they hard code products into it, rather than using a database that's easily updated.

UPDATE 8:35am

Plusnet has now indicated to us that FTTP is expected to launch a “bit later” than summer.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 02:31:04 AM »

I'm afraid I've no further info either other than "over the next year" :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 04:01:29 AM »

To be fair, that's at least as specific as the actual roll out of FTTP in each area. ;)
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 06:11:08 PM »

Just think; if tomorrow never comes, the next year is even further away.  :oldman: ::)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 02:22:15 PM »

Misleading about Plusnet FTTP from Openreach site: https://www.openreach.com/news/mp-visits-broadband-build-as-speeds-set-to-bounce-near-historic-derbyshire-dam/

This work taking place in Derbyshire is part of Openreach’s nationwide effort to build gigabit-capable, future-proof full fibre broadband networks - used by the likes of BT, Sky, Plusnet, TalkTalk and Zen - in cities, towns and villages as part of a plan to reach 20 million premises by the mid-to-late 2020s.

There is no FTTP on Plusnet. Openreach should removed that misleads wording off

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 04:51:15 PM »

They probably have internal trials ongoing.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 11:22:05 PM »

>> There is no FTTP on Plusnet. <<

As Carl says, they may well have trials.   They do have some accounts that have been on FTTP for a while as a trial, so the fact that they supply to FTTP to some customers isn't totally untrue.

Anyhow, the article is more about Openreach using a new method of laying the fibre optic cables. 
-----
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything