Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Appalling delivery by Amazon  (Read 1558 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Appalling delivery by Amazon
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 06:59:07 PM »

I wonder if it's possible the wind caught the door, perhaps he pulled the door and the wind caught it? They may never have intended to close/slam it.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 07:07:18 PM »

OP doesn't even know what happened and they're trying to get a driver sacked, pretty disgusting

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 10:33:56 PM »

OP doesn't even know what happened and they're trying to get a driver sacked, pretty disgusting

No I know exactly what happened and at no time have I said either here or to Amazon that I wanted the driver sacked and I strongly object to that assertion. You cannot know my intentions and to suggest such a thing is in my view insulting. In fact I expect an apology from you.

I wanted to make sure that Amazon knew what happened and expected an apology and to make sure it did not happen again, I achieved my goal and got the apology and an assurance that it be made clear to all delivery personnel that such actions are out of order. Some here might think such action is OK but I do not.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 06:38:15 AM »

I think that's the last word on the subject, thank you.
  Eric

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »

I've noticed there is a rush by some delivery drivers to get all the packages done for the day. I'm not sure what happens if they end up having to take the parcel back. I'm guessing they will see doing the delivery again as a waste of their time.

I ordered some crisps that came in 2 boxes from Amazon. I think I ordered them in the afternoon, and was surprised to get an email saying they were out for delivery soon after. When it was approaching 10pm, which seems in my experience their cut off delivery time, it was still saying due to be delivered.

The moment it went 1 minute past 10pm it said parcel handed to resident. Nobody had been, so the parcel had no proof of delivery. I also have CCTV cameras at the front of the house so I can show nobody came to the door. I've ordered lots of things from Amazon over the years but this never happened before.

I went looking around the Internet message boards and apparently this is a thing some Amazon (maybe others) drivers do. They pull up their vehicle at the end of their shift and any parcel they still have in their vehicle they go through scanning all the codes to say its been delivered.

I blame both Amazon for putting pressure on the drivers, and the drivers that do that for mismanagement of their deliveries i.e. saying they can deliver a parcel without leaving themselves extra time for unforseen circumstances.

I think delivery drivers need to start being paid more and to encourage a better quality of driver.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 06:32:49 PM »

I think that's the last word on the subject, thank you.

Because I stated my opinion? This is absurd.

The OP is taking actions that will get the driver sacked, I understand they're unhappy but it just seems to be an extraordinary thing to complain about when they got the package and nothing actually has gone wrong, as far as I can tell.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 10:19:50 PM »

Thread locked.
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2]

anything