Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Appalling delivery by Amazon  (Read 1555 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Appalling delivery by Amazon
« on: April 23, 2021, 10:47:12 AM »

Yesterday early evening we had a delivery by Amazon which appalled us. It was still sunny in our front garden and had been out enjoying a glass of wine when we both went indoors but left our front door slightly ajar. The delivery driver from Amazon came to our front door and without either ringing the bell or knocking opened the door and chucked the package on the door mat and slammed the door shut. We were only a few feet away in the hallway but it totally shocked my wife. Now I do not expect such action from anyone and have complained to Amazon UK.

Now the complaint is another issue. The have an email address of complaints@amazon.co.uk but it is only monitored by some kind of out of office bot which redirects you to their chat bot. This in turn took a while to try to get sense out of a real person eventually but even then I was not sure they were taking this seriously so I ended the chat and found another email address managingdirector@amazon.co.uk and send them the complaint email, so far not chat bot response from that email address.

It beggars belief that a delivery driver can consider such action appropriate before at least attempting to get the attention of someone in the house!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Appalling delivery by Amazon
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 11:47:22 AM »

To be honest it doesn't surprise me having seen what some think is acceptable - there was a story recently where a delivery drive left an elderly person lying on her door step, didn't even ring for an ambulance, or neighbours door bell, just walked off and left her there, and it was freezing cold.

Good job you were not down the side, with the front door being the only means of access, you could have been locked out etc, its appalling and just being lazy, and very inconsiderate, it would have taken a few seconds to ring the bell.

I've been around my mother in laws this morning, she is having her bathroom turned in to a wet room show, this is being paid for by a grant, it's costing the tax payer circa £9000, and the workmanship is absolutely appalling, no water proofing, just standard plasterboard, the tiling is appalling, most DIYer's would do better. For £9k I'd expect it all done properly with gold plated taps!
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 05:19:04 PM »

That driver will end up getting sacked if you complain. The pressure they’re under is extraordinary, including urinating in bottles.

I don’t condone the behaviour but I think you’re being unfair.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 06:35:59 PM »

That driver will end up getting sacked if you complain. The pressure they’re under is extraordinary, including urinating in bottles.

Sorry but I'm right to complain, he should not have done what he did.

Stuart

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 06:50:32 PM »

Where my wife used to work a delivery driver put the package into a bin outside, was too idle ti desk with the fact that nine had been around at the strange time he turned up. No-one had any clue that anything important was in a rubbish bin and the bin-men emptied the bin with no-one the wiser. They only found out when the fool concerned had to come round and confess because guess what, there had been a complaint about no signature and no delivery.

We ordered a new door for our stove from Rayburn. This idle moron decided that he couldn’t be bothered at all driving to Heasta, and so left it in a shop in Broadford 5 miles away. We didn’t know the people at the shop and the shop-people didn’t know us, but they gave my wife a call and then we picked the package up. Later in, the dolt of a driver realised, yes you guessed it, he needed a signature, so came round asking us for one. Told him to get stuffed as he never delivered it so what were we supposed to be signing for? Complained about him and he got sacked.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 10:43:11 AM »

Sorry but I'm right to complain, he should not have done what he did.

Stuart

I note you didn't actually address any of the points I made, no surprise there.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 11:03:41 AM »

I note you didn't actually address any of the points I made, no surprise there.

I really don't care if they are under pressure, they have a job to do and opening someone's front door and slamming it shut is wrong on so many counts I think he/she needs to be sacked.

Stuart

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 01:41:22 PM »

Entering someones house without permission is illegal, plain and simple.

We all appreciate how crappy their jobs are and the pressure they are under, but what they did here is crossing the line.  Its bad enough when they put parcels in the trash or ram things through the letterbox that end up being damaged.  As pointed out, they could have put the householder at risk too.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 02:46:44 PM »

Entering someones house without permission is illegal, plain and simple.

We all appreciate how crappy their jobs are and the pressure they are under, but what they did here is crossing the line.  Its bad enough when they put parcels in the trash or ram things through the letterbox that end up being damaged.  As pointed out, they could have put the householder at risk too.

Entering without permission is illegal but it doesn't sound as if they did. They tossed the package onto the mat and closed the door. I agree it's not really acceptable, but to potentially get them sacked for it is rather extreme in my opinion.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 05:39:17 PM »

It's not down to me what happens to the driver, apparently it's a third party company. I'm not going to ignore it just because he might lose his job, I did not make any demands on what should be done but left it to the companies concerned. I needed to make sure it never happened again.

Stuart

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 09:03:40 PM »

On your conscience be it. Major overreaction

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 09:12:57 PM »

Entering without permission is illegal but it doesn't sound as if they did. They tossed the package onto the mat and closed the door. I agree it's not really acceptable, but to potentially get them sacked for it is rather extreme in my opinion.

But again, they closed the door which was open, potentially locking the resident out.  That could have put someone in a very vulnerable position depending on the type of lock.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 09:15:54 PM »

But again, they closed the door which was open, potentially locking the resident out.  That could have put someone in a very vulnerable position depending on the type of lock.

That's not what he said.

He says the driver opened the door, placed the package and then closed the door.

I'd rather my delivery driver did that than leave the package outside somewhere.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 12:21:47 PM »

That's not what he said.

He says the driver opened the door, placed the package and then closed the door.

I'd rather my delivery driver did that than leave the package outside somewhere.

You missed something:
we both went indoors but left our front door slightly ajar

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 06:12:38 PM »

I wouldn't have had a problem with them putting the parcel inside when the door was already open.  Could have rang the doorbell though to alert you.  However, I would have been extremely annoyed at them closing the door behind them if it caused the front door to lock.   

For many years and in various houses, even going back to when I was at my parents, the good old postie always put things inside if the door was open, so I guess I find absolutely nothing strange about delivery men leaving things in the hall or porch. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: [1] 2