Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Red crosses?  (Read 3409 times)

bob.gas

• Reg Member
Red crosses?
« on: May 08, 2021, 06:38:05 PM »

SWMBO has been scanning some old photos on her side of the PC then imported &  saved them to a folder on the desktop.
Anyway, they nearly all have the little red crosses on the corner.
I did find out how to remove these years ago(very simply), but have forgotten. I have a feeling her highness Kitz is the one that helped me on CA?
I have done a search, but it seems rather complicated for this old geezer.
Does anyone have a very easy/straightforward way of removing them, please?

On another note...
Some of the photos aren't displayed, they are just a scenic type picture ???
Any advice is muchly appreciated. :)

Edit...I'm using chrome by the way (if that makes a difference)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:46:45 PM by bob.gas »
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'#039#039re a mile away and you have their shoes

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Red crosses?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 12:13:19 PM »

A quick Google suggests this is happening because the files have failed to sync with OneDrive, perhaps because you have run out of storage. I don't think the actual photos have a red cross on them so there is nothing to 'remove' as such.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

bob.gas

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 05:01:07 PM »

thanks, tuba man.
I did eventually find that  :)
And you're are correct I downloaded a photo and there aren't any red crosses on it.
my wife and I don't use one drive, so still confused as to why they show ???
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'#039#039re a mile away and you have their shoes

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 05:31:54 PM »

my wife and I don't use one drive, so still confused as to why they show ???

You may be using it without being aware as by default it'll try to upload your files there - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/files-save-to-onedrive-by-default-in-windows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 05:37:45 PM »

You may be using it without being aware as by default it'll try to upload your files there - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/files-save-to-onedrive-by-default-in-windows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7

It does seem to try to get you to enable it after updates so definitely possibly its been accidentally turned on.

What really annoys me is I haven't used it in ages and recently I were getting "login to One Drive" messages.

I also got several "there is a problem with your Microsoft Account" recently, though that seems to have gone away.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything