Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Uno - anyone using them?  (Read 1247 times)

Jon21

• Reg Member
Uno - anyone using them?
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:14:47 PM »

My contract with Zen is coming to the end of its minimum term and whilst they have been fine, I was looking to potentially save some money. Does/is anyone using Uno? Was looking at the Duo Advanced, even though I don't use the landline. Works out around £28 per month, compared to Zen at £34.99.

• Do Uno provide an IPv6 address?
  • I see that the Duo Advanced has an assured rate of 20Mb compared to some of their other offerings that have 40Mb. I'm guessing that shouldn't really affect the speeds I should get, assuming they don't have any congestion?
  • What backhaul do they use?

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Uno - anyone using them?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 04:22:41 PM »

Last time I checked, Uno use both TTB and BTW for backhaul.

I cant answer any of the other questions

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 05:48:10 PM »

In terms of the Duo assured rate, it is half of their standard product.  For 99% of users, it probably won't make a jot of difference but if you have a forum user mentality and regularly check your connection and do regular speed checks than Uno would recommend that you  go with their standard product.  You  are contracted to the Duo product for 18 months. They will not allow you to upgrade to their standard product part way through the contract.

The Duo product is on a backhaul of their choosing.  They used to use a Zen wholesale, which appeared as ZW when you started the ordering process, but the Duo product disappeared for me for a few months and has now come back with ZW replaced by FTTC

I have considered it as it is very cost effective product, but the lack of assurance about what would happen if you did have issues and the 18 month term put me off.

Try calling them if you have any questions, they have people on the phone that really know their stuff.

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 07:04:50 PM »

Thank you meritez and jaydub. I've sent a message to sales. See what they come back with.

The Duo product is on a backhaul of their choosing.  They used to use a Zen wholesale, which appeared as ZW when you started the ordering process, but the Duo product disappeared for me for a few months and has now come back with ZW replaced by FTTC
Is that the part where it says "Migration (FTTC)"?  I think BTw, TTB and Zen, are all options for backhaul at the headend exchange, so should be fine.

Edit: Had a reply back.

Quote from: Uno staff
20Mb just means that if there is any local contention, the rates would need to drop below 20Mb on average over a 4 hour window before that is considered a fault in service.

We do not provide v6 addresses at this time although that is on the roadmap.

For the Duo products, we use various wholesale partners such as BT Wholesale, Talk Talk Business and Zen Wholesale. We will use the best cost option at the time when you order and this may be a random selection of one of those. It isn't possible to pick this though i'm afraid.

Pretty much as expected then. Slightly disappointing that IPv6 isn't used yet, although it's more of a "nice to have".

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:46:16 PM by Jon21 »

anything