Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Computer Says You Can NOT Have FTTP, Great !.  (Read 5944 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: The Computer Says You Can NOT Have FTTP, Great !.
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2021, 11:02:18 AM »

Business + Static IP
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 12:29:26 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2021, 09:23:04 PM »

I said about a month ago I suspected it was the lack of cable-link.

Seems like everyone at TT is running around telling you different stories - anything but admit that they havent yet got around to installing a link at your exchange yet.   The longer they string you along with different stories, the longer it delays and stops you going else-where.   Rubbish about a flat file.  Openreach update all ISPs asap - its in their interest to do so, in order that the CPs can place cablelink orders so Openreach can start earning money. 

I do not believe for one minute that if your PON was active since January and their system is saying no, its for any other reason than their back-haul provider doesn't have a cable-link or they aren't selling the product.   

Openreach themselves, as much said this was the case on June 8th. 
I did ask back in May if you'd actually tried to see if you could place the order with a BTw based ISP if you were in that much of a hurry to get FTTC.

I wasnt watching too closely, because I was in hospital for a few months after we went live,  but I think it took TT about 7-8 months to provision a cable-link to my area.   It took about 6m for other CPs to start adding cable-links and for the first months my only option was BTw based. About 10m later and Vodafone still dont have a cablelink here.    Their systems wont let you order unless the CP has an active cable link.

As regards to the KCOM info about 'not being integrated' I think thats untrue.   Way back in April, Kcom and Eclipse consumers were sharing the same cablelinks..  so I suspect it will have been yet another case of no cable-link with them too.  I said in my earilier post, it was too far ahead of the publicised date of sale, companies are not allowed to start pre-sectioning accounts off like that.  It would arise too suspision amongst staff and others that a sale was about to go through and could cause serious problems re share price speculation.   Things like that trigger insider dealer and inside knowledge allegations.

You may have missed my post in May when I asked about trying with a BTw based provider.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2021, 09:51:38 PM »

Business + Static IP

Gamma would be able to provide both

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2021, 11:52:10 PM »

Gamma would be able to provide both

Hmm . . . Do you have a link, please?  :-\

Performing a search, I find Gamma Mobile and Gamma Communications plc.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »

Thanks, will look into them later.

I did a bit of probing around yesterday using the TTB free phone number 0800 231 5951 to try to find out what TTB  policy is for the cablelinks, the various departments I got through to it was obvious that not many people knew what they are for or anything about them let alone ordering them not even the person in the provisioning department who place the orders to BTW who tried to tell me it was BT Openreach fault.
I get the feeling there are only one or two people registered to access the BT Wholesale portal to do the ordering.
So getting nowhere  I fired an email to TT (Talktalk) CEO, who is also the CEO of TTB (Talktalk Business)
Tristia Harrison    tristia.harrison@talktalkplc.com
To get someone to look into if it worth me hanging around for a bit or looking for anther CP (communications Provider).
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2021, 12:02:55 PM »

Hmm . . . Do you have a link, please?  :-\

Performing a search, I find Gamma Mobile and Gamma Communications plc.

https://www.gamma.co.uk/solutions/connectivity/

They use both ttb and btw for backhaul.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2021, 03:11:19 PM »

As regards to the KCOM info about 'not being integrated' I think thats untrue.   Way back in April, Kcom and Eclipse consumers were sharing the same cablelinks..  so I suspect it will have been yet another case of no cable-link with them too.

I don't think that was the original issue.

As I said above KCom use BT Wholesale (and possibly others too). They sold off much of their national network in 2015.

KCom Business FTTP (via OpenReach GEA-FTTP) is more than likely available at tickmike's address over BT Wholesale Cablelinks.

KCom have never sold GEA-FTTP to their Eclipse Business customers. The product has never been available.
KCom Business have been selling it for some time though.

The issue is simply he's an Eclipse customer.
KCom were also in the process of selling off the Eclipse business when he tried to sign up.
They have now completed that sale.

A quick call/email to KCom as a potential business customer would soon find out if they are actually available or not.

Even if they are available they may have a non compete clause with whoever just bought the Eclipse business (and also bought tickmike as a customer).

I completely agree with your other comments about the "flat file". My experience is in areas where Talktalk sell FTTP they update availability for PON's that go active automatically.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2021, 07:55:44 PM »

>> KCom have never sold GEA-FTTP to their Eclipse Business customers.

Sorry my misunderstanding, I thought with tickmike saying he'd tried to order the product, that they had made it available.

>> BT Wholesale (and possibly others too)

afaik, Eclipse and those KCom users who are outside of the Hull area used the same network, so it was natural to think that if they were selling FTTP that they would also be sharing the same cablelink  or (btw) hostlink.

Still think TT are giving him the run around trying to delay placing the order.   Most of their frontline staff wont have a clue what he's talking about as they have little idea of how the network runs.   I know someone who supposedly is 2nd line support for FTTP at TT,  and I bet he doesn't have a clue about half of the things we discuss on here such as cablelinks or layer 2 switches.  You'd be lucky if they know what SNRM is. :(     If I was in a rush I'd be trying other ISPs

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2021, 09:38:30 PM »

I wonder what would be the result of asking A&A if they could provide a FTTP service? As far as I am aware, A&A use both TTB & BTW.  :-\

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2021, 10:31:11 PM »

I wonder what would be the result of asking A&A if they could provide a FTTP service? As far as I am aware, A&A use both TTB & BTW.  :-\

A&A only offer 80 or 160 FTTP, Gamma offer up to 1000/220.
If you wanted 330/50 A&A is not an option.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2021, 10:50:17 PM »

A&A only offer 80 or 160 FTTP, Gamma offer up to 1000/220.

I was just thinking that A&A would certainly find the answer regarding the presence/absence of TTB cablelinks.  ;)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2021, 08:20:40 PM »

Not had any response or acknowledgement from TTB CEO yet.  :(
TTB FTTP ordered 3 times failed 3 times, they have told me to look else where.
The Eclipse FTTP was ordered several times but would not go through, Was it the sale of Eclipse  :shrug2:, who knows, I did email the new owner of Eclipse (global4) and he could not be bothered to answer me, so he can keep his FTTP.  >:D
Kcom and Eclipse (there non Hull area customers) do both sell FTTP, I was told I could move to Kcom and order FTTP but as I am not a big enough company it would be rejected.

re A&A = expensive, Gamma = no prices on there website, I have a list of few other smaller firms to try.
I do not need 1000/220 but any speed above my 2.5/0.7 will be good. maybe 100/20 or even 80/20 It the reliability factor that I want and to 'Future Proof' my Internet connection to these properties I have been building myself for 30 years  :-\  Estate agents are saying FTTP is adding £2000 to £3000 on house properties in certain area's  ;D

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2021, 08:31:38 PM »

Business + Static IP

Have you considered Zen, BT or someone like Uno Broadband?

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2021, 09:00:30 PM »

Zen is on my list.
Think it was idnet and uno that are 'dormant' companies  :-\

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2021, 12:08:59 AM »

Think it was idnet and uno that are 'dormant' companies  :-\

Having just found your thread about dormant companies..

I believe Uno is https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09262166 and IDNet is
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03105579 - neither of which appear dormant at first glance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

anything