Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Computer Says You Can NOT Have FTTP, Great !.  (Read 5942 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: The Computer Says You Can NOT Have FTTP, Great !.
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2021, 01:29:43 PM »

Good news that you've migrated your domain and emails, once you do manage to get FTTP it will give you the freedom to change provider come contract renewal.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »

Good news that you've migrated your domain and emails, once you do manage to get FTTP it will give you the freedom to change provider come contract renewal.

Yes John was very helpful, I did a test with my phone when we went to 'Rutland' the other week for a walk, using one of my new emails addresses and using the Range Rovers 'WiFi Hot Spot' to send my first email away from home.  ;D

I am keeping my Eclipse ADSL2 connection for maybe 6 month/a year along with my new FTTP (that's if I ever get it  :-\ ) so I can gradually move my important emails over.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »

I wonder if it is just that TalkTalk now need to purchase one (or more) suitable sized cablelinks at the headend exchange?  :-\

Perhaps that is the reason why the product does not yet show as available to order at your address in the TTB internal system.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2021, 03:54:58 PM »

@ Mr Cat
I have asked TTB this morning about cablelinks  and was told it's not the problem.
Not long got this from them.

Good afternoon,
I am still awaiting confirmation as to when the FTTP ordering system is going to be updated. Thank you so much for your patience, be rest assured I am working on it and I will provide an update soon.
Kind regards,
BUSINESS FULL FIBRE

The chap from BT Openreach thinks the CP's are not updating there data bases quick enough as the are more and more FTTP PON's being lit every day and are ready to order, he says he is seeing it a lot with other cp's.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2021, 04:01:49 PM »

That is certainly good news.  :)

From the "tingles in my whiskers" I now sense that you will soon be connected.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2021, 04:19:53 PM »

No that just static on your whiskers, you have been to close to man made fibres again.  ;D

Pigs might fly  :-\  .....  there's one one the horizon  :o

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2021, 04:32:48 PM »

The chap from BT Openreach thinks the CP's are not updating there data bases quick enough as the are more and more FTTP PON's being lit every day and are ready to order, he says he is seeing it a lot with other cp's.

That's definitely not the reason for Talktalks general unavailability.

If you check any other address on your exchange that has FTTP available you will find they also show unavailable with Talktalk.

Talktalk availability checker updates automatically as each PON shows availability.
If Talktalk are selling FTTP on an exchange, the day it goes live to order it is usually available from Talktalk.

They weren't available on my exchange at all for FTTP.
It was lack of cablelink.
Soon as the cablelink was installed they were available on every FTTP address on the exchange.
As PONs as marked available in my area they are automatically available on the Talktalk FTTP checker.

You posted last week that they told you it WAS lack of a cablelink.
They don't know their ar*e from there elbow.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2021, 10:12:42 PM »

Now I've got anxiety that when I finally see CBT on my pole, Zen wont be able to order because TalkTalk are so slow at upgrading the exchange.

Although I suppose they might provision with BTW then move over to TT once the cable link is installed?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

tickmike

• Kitizen
Re: The Computer Says You Can NOW Have FTTP, :) .
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »

The Talktalk Business computer now says you can HAVE FTTP on the 24th June 2021  :thumbs: :dance: :yay:

When I was talking to the chap setting the order up today I did a bit of digging to try and find out what the problem was.
He said there system has a file called 'Flat' file  :-\ and it should get updated regularly with all the latest updates from BT Openreach for the new PON's going live daily, but what they are finding (as in my case) this automatic system just does not seem to work and area's of the country are not getting updated.
So in my case once they had evidence from BT Openreach they updated it manually and that update came through today.  ;D.
Sometimes it's the 'Cablelink' missing but not so in my case.

Only ordered 100/20 which is a world away from my current ADSL2 3/0.7 on a good day with the wind blowing.

Got to give credit to your Whiskers  :D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: The Computer Says You Can NOW Have FTTP, :) .
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2021, 10:25:25 PM »

Got to give credit to your Whiskers  :D

Thank you. I have spent a number of years "tuning" them to ignore the irrelevant "background buzz" and just select the latent positives!

Your experience of the installation will require documentation in a new thread. Which I will follow, with interest.  :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:27:57 PM by burakkucat »

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2021, 09:27:29 PM »

From the phone call from TTB today his computer now says yet again you can NOT have FTTP :-\. here we go again . >:D
Guess what now they tried to place the order they now decided that there is NO cablelinks in the exchange  :no: :o :(
He said maybe try another CP.  :wall:

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2021, 11:54:35 PM »

From the phone call from TTB today his computer now says yet again you can NOT have FTTP :-\. here we go again . >:D
Guess what now they tried to place the order they now decided that there is NO cablelinks in the exchange  :no: :o :(
He said maybe try another CP.  :wall:

@tickmike, TTB are losing business this way, you can go to to another carrier who uses BT Wholesale for backhaul, and you would have an FTTP connection within a minimum of 5 days

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2021, 10:13:21 AM »

@tickmike, TTB are losing business this way, you can go to to another carrier who uses BT Wholesale for backhaul, and you would have an FTTP connection within a minimum of 5 days

Yes that's what I thought but how do I find out who uses BT Wholesale backhaul ?.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2021, 10:28:00 AM »

Although I suppose they might provision with BTW then move over to TT once the cable link is installed?

Provision on BTW and leave it there for at least the year to see out the contract or provision to their own Plexus network. They aren't reliant on TTB for FTTP. I've Zen tails over BTW and Plexus.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2021, 10:42:19 AM »

Yes that's what I thought but how do I find out who uses BT Wholesale backhaul ?.

Are you after business or residential?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5