Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Computer Says You Can NOT Have FTTP, Great !.  (Read 5941 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: The Computer Says You Can NOT Have FTTP, Great !.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 12:29:10 PM »

Totally agree with all regarding use of ISP's dedicated e-mail service.
I was with Plusnet for 11 years and foolishly used their e-mail system almost exclusively.

When things started going wrong with Plusnet late 2018 and didn't look like there was going to be any improvement (ever) I started to migrate my e-mail contacts to a well known free public provider, inconvenient but well worth the effort and certainly helped with an painless ISP migration when the time came around.

I also used John's (d2d4j) service for a year and have nothing but praise, fantastically helpfull, very knowledgable.
However, I could not justify the (all be it) very modest yearly outlay and found that a free public e-mail provider was sufficient for my requirements.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 02:03:56 PM »

Once you see you can order FTTP you think the long wait is over but when you place your order and it's KCOM my isp who is holding things up is not good. >:D

Today's update from Kcom ''our Technical Support Team are working to get this resolved but are experiencing issues''  :o  >:(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 02:58:06 AM »

I agree with Tubaman. And guess what, I don’t even follow my own advice. Andrews and Arnold sell separate email for a pound or so per month, so to me they are exactly just a separate email service provider. They also host a lot of my domains on their DNS servers and they re-register them too if you want, which is great for me because after earlier disasters with forgetting to pay for domain renewals and credit cards being evil, I now just get AA to pay for renewals and it comes out of my monthly bill so no more danger ever.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »

[Moderator note: The following three posts have been split off from the "Journey to FTTP in Blyth, Northumberland" topic.]

Sent you a PM two weeks ago, if you get time please.  :hmm:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:53:05 PM by burakkucat »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 04:17:47 PM »

Sent you a PM two weeks ago, if you get time please.  :hmm:

Apologies for not replying to the PM - but I had noticed your query had A) been answered on the main forum anyway .... and B) HE Cablelinks are not in my portfolio. I wouldn't have a clue.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 09:57:06 PM »

Still stuck on KCom.

FTTP and running the copper service alongside?

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 11:16:33 AM »

Still stuck on KCom.
Yes  :( >:D    I am getting very **** off with them.

I feel another email to there CEO is due.
It's at the kcom Director level now, investigation why I can not order FTTP.
No one I talk to at kcom seem to know what the problem is, the technical team can not see any problems and they think the 'cablelinks' are already in place to the headend.
Other sales people have told me they do supply WBC FTTP in other parts of the uk other than Hull area.
Been told by the sales manager who was putting the FTTP order through that they have got to 'follow the rules' but would not explain.

Progress of a sort, Been talking to 'John' (d2d4j)  about email  :)

Once kcom release my domain I will put all the important emails to my own domain name and keep the kcom emails for say a year to to make sure that I have not missed any important one's.
Then get rid of Eclipse/Kcom.  ;D

I'm trying to get my domain name (which I have had for a number of years and never used  :o) away from from kcom but even that's taking a long time.

The problem I see if I order FTTP from 'another'  and running the copper service alongside?
I am going to get charged a 'Cease' payment on the ADSL2 when I leave Kcom  >:(

Thanks @ Black Sheep also mods for moving.  :)

tickmike

• Kitizen

Next update.
Lady from Kcom phoned me up as basically told me (off the record  ;)) to go with another isp  :o
as it could be weeks/months before I will have any progress on them supplying FTTP.

So looking at
TTB
https://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/products/business-broadband-and-fibre/ultrafastfibre/

FTTP 100/20 Static IP, £29.95 month 2 year contract with 3 months free.

Placed an order.

Then they tell me they Can Not Supply me,    :( >:( feel like I have been here before.

The chap from TTB phones me up and we talk technical and he was impressed how much I know  ;D

He tells me they do not have any 'CableLinks' in the exchange and thinks it could be 2 or 3 weeks as there is a waiting list for the number of exchanges to be done by BT.

One day I will have FTTP, I hope.  :(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:07:07 PM by tickmike »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 03:44:26 PM »

At least they could tell you why they can't supply you and give you an indication of time, so perhaps a step closer.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
Is This The Reason ?.
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2021, 08:07:59 PM »

So is this the reason I could not order FTTP ?.

Had an Kcom account message today.

We are writing to let you know about exciting changes happening here at Eclipse.

Currently you are invoiced by Eclipse, part of the KCOM group of companies who provide and support your services. There have been some changes behind the scenes and your contract and services will now be delivered by Eclipse Broadband Ltd, part of the Global 4 Group.

services will continue as KCOM Group Ltd for a short period but will transfer to Eclipse within the next few months.

Decided to leave them soon, so good bye Kcom.
Link
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/05/kcom-sells-uk-broadband-isp-eclipse-internet-to-global-4-group.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 08:54:00 PM by tickmike »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2021, 12:45:23 AM »

Was going to check if they offer FTTP, but their main site is down for me right now. 
I can't say I've heard much of them before other than Fleur Telecom... who dont have FTTP and quite expensive FTTC for residential.

>> is this the reason I could not order FTTP ?

I still think the reason will have been plain and simple that there is no cablelink in your exchange.  Unless its public from the start... in the case of mergers and takeovers, they are not allowed to announce anything or make any changes that indicate a buyout is going through.  It wouldn't alter any plans and decisions such as purchasing cablelinks are made usually well in (many months) advance.   If they were looking at purchasing a cablelink it would be made in the group name, not solely for the Eclipse based customers and they all would all share the same link.  In view of the small number of customers involves,  it would be too expensive for them to do else wise.

He tells me they do not have any 'CableLinks' in the exchange and thinks it could be 2 or 3 weeks as there is a waiting list for the number of exchanges to be done by BT.

It's down to the ISP to order them from Openreach.  A lead date is usually given at the time of ordering.
Unless is a local to the ISP coverage, TT are usually one of the first ISPs to start installing cablelinks.   Obviously BTw is usually the first.  Sorry I can't recall if you've tried with an ISP that uses BTw, which is perhaps an option if you are in a rush to move now that you know Eclipse has been sold. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2021, 09:42:57 PM »

I keep asking different people at Eclipse/Kcom about why I could not order FTTP.
Got this bit of interesting info from one chap.

''Unfortunately the Eclipse brand under KCOM never released an FTTP product''

Looks like Eclipse was never integrated into Kcom.

As you know I am now trying to get FTTP from Talktalk Business, so the saga with them continues, I phoned them up on there direct to the FTTP team 0800 131 3000  and they have had to contact BT Openreach to confirm that I could get FTTP, They told them I could from January 2021, but there internal TTB checker does not show it yet  >:D although he used the BT checker and he could see I can get it but again he could not order it until the TTB checker says I have it . >:(

One day  :-\

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2021, 12:05:34 PM »

The thing about all this is... Kcom can provide you with FTTP. They always could.
They sell OpenReach FTTP nationwide over BT Wholesale.

They couldn't let you order FTTP because they were in the process of selling the Eclipse business to a 3rd party, including your contract.

If your next door neighbor tried to join Kcom Business FTTP tomorrow they would likely accept their order.

If you tried to join Kcom Business FTTP tomorrow (as a new customer) it would likely be rejected.

The company buying the Eclipse brand will have a no compete clause preventing KCom taking back any of the customers they just sold for a minimum time period.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2021, 03:47:55 PM »

. . . I am now trying to get FTTP from Talktalk Business, so the saga with them continues, I phoned them up on there direct to the FTTP team 0800 131 3000  and they have had to contact BT Openreach to confirm that I could get FTTP, They told them I could from January 2021, but there internal TTB checker does not show it yet  >:D although he used the BT checker and he could see I can get it but again he could not order it until the TTB checker says I have it . >:(

I have my suspicions that the delay could be due to the presence/absence of the cablelinks. Maybe TTB have submitted a purchase order and are waiting for it to be fulfilled.  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2021, 11:24:59 AM »

First I want thank 'John (d2d4j)' for helping me move my domain from Eclipse/Kcom and getting my emails up and running.

Well I feel things are progressing a bit with my FTTP order, last week I contacted in BT Openreach high level support and they confirmed FTTP was available since January 2021 for me and they let TTB know that, Then with that evidence I have just been told by TTB (by phone) that with it still not showing on there internal system but BT Wholesale have also confirmed it's available it's being escalated to there management to get it ordered for me ASAP.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5