Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Leicester cityfibre rollout.  (Read 877 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Leicester cityfibre rollout.
« on: July 21, 2021, 08:35:09 PM »

Decided I will post this here, so anyone who is interested knows.

As I already posted in the news thread, cityfibre are well under way in the Leicester rollout, the plan I have been told is to cover the entire city.

I learnt a week or two back, that on my street the properties to my right all can now order consumer cityfibre, zen etc.  Including all of the side streets on that side, there is a park entrance between me and the last property that can order it.

Cityfibre told me they rollout by exchange area, those properties I believe are on the demontfort exchange, whilst I am on Leicester Central.  I was told even though its so close, I am at least 12 months away.

So thats my situation.

Zen today to keep toying with me sent me another email inviting to sign up, with a vague its coming soon.  So I expect these emails will keep coming.

For the curious, from what I can tell on cityfibre's checker, it will usually say "planned" in cities they are rolling out, but will change to building when they are actually deploying in the immediate are, so the checker doesnt stay on building very long, once there it will very quickly change to available.  In addition it seems roadworks are not always carried out, I think in areas very close already to existing fibre, they will be enabled without roadworks, when the support infrastructure for consumer has been activated.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Leicester cityfibre rollout.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 08:38:37 PM »

As I already posted in the news thread, cityfibre are well under way in the Leicester rollout, the plan I have been told is to cover the entire city.

According to Cityfibres website they ALWAYS aim to do an entire city.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything