Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FTTP rate changing  (Read 5570 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: FTTP rate changing
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 01:58:03 PM »

The powers that be did FTTC in An t-Àth Leathann (Broadford) which is five miles away from me, but my village of Heasta got forgotten.

I looked at IDNet’s website: says I can have 100Mbps FTTP for £400 pm or gigabit FTTP for £600 pm. I don’t think my financial director is going to go for that. And it warns me that there may be construction charges in the unquoted installation fee. I don’t know how big a static IPv4 block you can get with that from them.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2021, 12:32:04 PM »

@Tickmike I doubt if I shall ever live long enough to see FTTP  ;)  I just realised how totally ignorant I am about it and how there’s a story to be told. So self-education. Hope that’s alright?

Have a look at this page. It seems to talk about a lot of the islands around Scotland. Are any of the areas mentioned near to you?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/03/scotland-unveil-fibre-broadband-rollout-to-15-islands-via-r100.html

The Scottish Government (SG) has today named 15 islands under the contract for LOT 1 (North Scotland and the Highlands) of their £579m Reaching 100% (R100) project, supported by BT (Openreach), that will gain access to faster broadband ISP speeds via new subsea fibre optic links.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 11:50:44 AM »

The powers that be did FTTC in An t-Àth Leathann (Broadford) which is five miles away from me, but my village of Heasta got forgotten.

I looked at IDNet’s website: says I can have 100Mbps FTTP for £400 pm or gigabit FTTP for £600 pm. I don’t think my financial director is going to go for that. And it warns me that there may be construction charges in the unquoted installation fee. I don’t know how big a static IPv4 block you can get with that from them.

You'd highly likely have to fill out a form explaining your requirements for public IPv4 if you wanted a /26.

It is basically guaranteed that you'd be kicked back with your current usage of the address space.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2021, 01:48:43 PM »

While I'm thinking about this many business broadband services will provide a /29 - 5 usable addresses. Presume this would be enough unless you've loads of services running that are being accessed from outside your network.

Opens up the field considerably.
Pages: 1 [2]