Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Cityfibre announces 200+ new towns and villages.  (Read 9871 times)

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: Cityfibre announces 200+ new towns and villages.
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2021, 11:51:23 PM »

Yeah customer facing isps like zen, vodafone etc. will have multiple suppliers, to them cityfibre is just a supplier, they may use one supplier for one product and another supplier for another.  Zen even have two FTTP suppliers as they also sell openreach FTTP.

Zen actually use 4 suppliers for FTTP. CityFibre and Openreach handing off at layer 2 to their Plexus network and BT Wholesale and TalkTalk Business handing off PPP sessions via BRAS.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2021, 09:17:09 AM »

Zen actually use 4 suppliers for FTTP. CityFibre and Openreach handing off at layer 2 to their Plexus network and BT Wholesale and TalkTalk Business handing off PPP sessions via BRAS.

Surely that's still only two suppliers for the actual FTTP as that's the bit from the ONT to the  OLT.  Anything past that point I'd consider something else.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »

Ok I filled in the cityfibre form asking them to provide more info and they rang me back this morning.

Sadly been told its a year "minimum" before they do my street.  So at least I know where I stand now, and plans to move might resume.

They have pretty much started works in all other areas of the city close to it except my side, so I was hoping it would be sooner, but seems thats not the case, I prefer knowing this however instead of checking the roadworks every week with false hope.

Zen I think were a bit wrong to send me the coming soon email to get me onto vdsl with them when its still a year plus away, but it is what it is.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2021, 12:54:48 PM »

As you say @Chrysalis at least you have a time frame now.

1 or even 2 years isn't a long time to wait compared to other places.

My area isn't on any lists from any network provider so far, so you're doing well.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2021, 08:43:52 PM »

True its better than by 2024/2025.

Plus I know I will be able to get proper gigabit up and down.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2021, 11:11:12 AM »

Whilst I can see what you are getting at meaning the street service, I think I'd still class it as 4 ways of provisioning the FTTP service as a whole. 
The devil is in the detail, but it was made clear where the point of handover is. AAISP may also state they provision FTTC using TTB or BTw.   

However, back to the mention of Zen's Plexus network - I wanted to make sure Chrys' topic was done with before taking it slightly off track - but because it had been mentioned, I just wondered thought's about Zen's usage of Huawei kit in Plexus.   

Personally I'm not fussed either way, but I wondered if it has at least crossed other peoples minds about controversy about Huawei not just for 5G.. or the Core... but even the uncertainty around the statement of "No Huawei equipment in the whole of telecoms infrastructure across the whole of the UK" when referring to even Access and the DSLAMs.

Does it not matter because Zen isn't the incumbent?  Yet even so they still have a chunk of business type users.  Then again it's not like they supply to govt.  There are so many but ifs, buts, what ifs and how comes that it's impossible for me to mention them all.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]