Announcements > News Articles

Cityfibre announces 200+ new towns and villages.

<< < (2/11) > >>

meritez:
List of city fibre resellers/partners here: https://www.cityfibre.com/partners/

I'm in a phase 1 area, Vodafone have advised a free upgrade as soon as they can.

j0hn:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on March 13, 2021, 07:11:26 AM ---I believe vodafone have a timed exclusive? then after other providers can resell.

--- End quote ---

Vodafone's exclusivity is up. Talktalk are being sold over much of CityFibre, as are Zen.
Different areas have different ISP's as exclusivity ends in different areas, confusing things for the early rollout.
Eventually every area will be the same.

--- Quote ---Wholesaler for both business and consumer, although consumer needs its own build.
--- End quote ---

What do you mean by this? Don't they both need the same build?

If you mean that some business connections show available to you while residential doesn't (like from giga.net for example), they both need to physically build GPON to you before you can order a service.

The only difference between residential and business is the split ratio for GPON, but that's just a different Splitter card in the local cabinet they will install.
The method of the deployment is surely the same?
If you have CityFibre available and you order a business connection they don't build again.

Some Business connections can be built on demand without waiting for the residential rollout.

Their metro network is a completely separate beast.

Alex Atkin UK:
What an unhelpful website though, all we see is Phase 1 and Phase 2, no idea what is done, in progress, exactly when, where.  The enquiry even said my address isn't planned but its in Phase 1. :/

It makes Openreach look transparent in comparison, though admittedly Fibre First site say nothing about it coming to my address now either despite being on the map as to start within 3 months (which should mean about now).

banger:

--- Quote from: Alex Atkin UK on March 13, 2021, 08:10:22 PM ---What an unhelpful website though, all we see is Phase 1 and Phase 2, no idea what is done, in progress, exactly when, where.  The enquiry even said my address isn't planned but its in Phase 1. :/

It makes Openreach look transparent in comparison, though admittedly Fibre First site say nothing about it coming to my address now either despite being on the map as to start within 3 months (which should mean about now).

--- End quote ---

My address also says the same, no plans but on the map shows Phase 1. No dates for phase 1.

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: banger on March 13, 2021, 11:40:05 PM ---My address also says the same, no plans but on the map shows Phase 1. No dates for phase 1.

--- End quote ---

I was referring to Fibre First (Openreach) for my address, as that USED to say FTTP was coming soon before it was delayed a year which removed all reference on the address lookup, which remains missing today.

I didn't really expect CityFibre to say anything as they do not have any time frame specified, unlike Openreach which do.

I'm registered for updates on both now though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version