Announcements > News Articles

Cityfibre announces 200+ new towns and villages.

<< < (10/11) > >>

niemand:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on June 30, 2021, 01:17:06 PM ---Yeah customer facing isps like zen, vodafone etc. will have multiple suppliers, to them cityfibre is just a supplier, they may use one supplier for one product and another supplier for another.  Zen even have two FTTP suppliers as they also sell openreach FTTP.

--- End quote ---

Zen actually use 4 suppliers for FTTP. CityFibre and Openreach handing off at layer 2 to their Plexus network and BT Wholesale and TalkTalk Business handing off PPP sessions via BRAS.

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: CarlT on June 30, 2021, 11:51:23 PM ---Zen actually use 4 suppliers for FTTP. CityFibre and Openreach handing off at layer 2 to their Plexus network and BT Wholesale and TalkTalk Business handing off PPP sessions via BRAS.

--- End quote ---

Surely that's still only two suppliers for the actual FTTP as that's the bit from the ONT to the  OLT.  Anything past that point I'd consider something else.

Chrysalis:
Ok I filled in the cityfibre form asking them to provide more info and they rang me back this morning.

Sadly been told its a year "minimum" before they do my street.  So at least I know where I stand now, and plans to move might resume.

They have pretty much started works in all other areas of the city close to it except my side, so I was hoping it would be sooner, but seems thats not the case, I prefer knowing this however instead of checking the roadworks every week with false hope.

Zen I think were a bit wrong to send me the coming soon email to get me onto vdsl with them when its still a year plus away, but it is what it is.

Bowdon:
As you say @Chrysalis at least you have a time frame now.

1 or even 2 years isn't a long time to wait compared to other places.

My area isn't on any lists from any network provider so far, so you're doing well.

Chrysalis:
True its better than by 2024/2025.

Plus I know I will be able to get proper gigabit up and down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version