Announcements > News Articles

Cityfibre announces 200+ new towns and villages.

(1/11) > >>

Bowdon:
Here is the story;

https://www.cityfibre.com/news/cityfibre-extend-world-class-infrastructure-216-additional-towns-villages-across-britain

--- Quote ---CityFibre has identified 216 additional towns and villages that are to benefit from a Full Fibre rollout, completing the list of locations in its £4 billion nationwide investment programme. The locations selected will see CityFibre extend its networks to much smaller conurbations, bringing the benefits of Full Fibre to communities outside the UK’s major towns and cities.
--- End quote ---

Have a look if your town or village is on the list;

http://www.cityfibre.com/rollout/

There is a map and also some drop down geographic options.

banger:
Great my Village is on the list for Phase 1.

Weaver:
How does this work? Is Cityfibre itself an ISP? Or a wholesale carrier/reseller for other ISP(s)? If the latter does the customer get some choice of ISP?

I would be praying that it is BT OR that eventually in the distant future implements FTTP here so that I get a completely free choice of ISPs.

Alex Atkin UK:
That's quite some rollout.  Is this duct/pole sharing or completely independent?

--- Quote from: Weaver on March 13, 2021, 01:50:36 AM ---How does this work? Is Cityfibre itself an ISP? Or a wholesale carrier/reseller for other ISP(s)? If the latter does the customer get some choice of ISP?

--- End quote ---

Wholesale.

--- Quote ---CityFibre is the UK’s largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities
--- End quote ---

Chrysalis:

--- Quote from: Weaver on March 13, 2021, 01:50:36 AM ---How does this work? Is Cityfibre itself an ISP? Or a wholesale carrier/reseller for other ISP(s)? If the latter does the customer get some choice of ISP?

I would be praying that it is BT OR that eventually in the distant future implements FTTP here so that I get a completely free choice of ISPs.

--- End quote ---

Wholesaler for both business and consumer, although consumer needs its own build.

I believe vodafone have a timed exclusive? then after other providers can resell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version