Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Andrews & Arnold Boost Broadband Allowances and Cut FTTP Price  (Read 3703 times)

gt94sss2

• Kitizen

As I know a number of you use A&A

From  ISPreview

UK ISP Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) has informed all customers of their broadband service that, from 1st August 2021, they intend to significantly boost their monthly data allowances at no additional cost. On top of that, the extra cost for adding an Openreach based Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) line to your package will fall from £15 to £10 per month.

Until now residential customers who took out one of AAISP’s “Home::1” broadband packages (via ADSL2+, FTTC, G.fast or FTTP) would, by default, have been supplied with a 300GB (GigaByte) usage allowance, but this will now become 500GB.

Subscribers could previously upgrade this to 2000GB (2 TeraBytes, if you prefer) for an extra £10 per month, but that too is also being boosted so that you’ll now get 5TB for the same money.

Direct link to AAISP packages and prices.

Edited by admin to include link to AAISP
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:18:42 PM by kitz »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Andrews & Arnold Boost Broadband Allowances and Cut FTTP Price
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 12:28:39 PM »

Thanks gt94sss2.

Added direct link to AAISP product page to your post. I was curious and went to look at their packages - saves anyone else having to look up the url.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »

AAISP have been busy doing some upgrades including adding new LNS, I forgot when the work will be completed though.

Also contrary to the ISPreview report, I havent as a customer been informed of the changes.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:37:38 PM by Chrysalis »

Craig

• craig.sans.am
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 08:20:33 PM »

I received this email on the 29th July, as one of my bonded lines had nearly used all of its quota:

Hello,

We noticed you're near to your monthly quota limit. Due to the current
situation, we have topped up your quota for no charge.

Free topups will continue until 1st September 2021. However, we
will be increasing the quota on all our tariffs from 1st August.
Details will be provided on our website shortly.

You can view your remaining quota on the top left of our website
https://aa.net.uk/

We also have more information about how COVID-19 is affecting our services:
https://www.aa.net.uk/covid-19/

We wish you all the best.
--
Andrews & Arnold Ltd

Didn’t really think too much of it at the time…
2 x AAISP FTTC (bonded) // Vigor 160 + 130 // EdgeRouter 4

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 06:21:31 PM »

Somehow I missed this extremely helpful post.

My current quota, according to the machine-readable friendly service at https://quota.aa.net/, is 4.081 TB. That is total, not per-line, I assume, but I don’t know. I have three ADSL2 lines and somehow AA has just done the sane thing and set the system up to share the quota between the lines. This new tariff is brilliant as the old ‘units’ one I have been using for eleven years was very very expensive in the daytime 0900-1800 Mon-Fri and now the usage is time-independent.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 07:22:33 PM »

Somehow I missed this extremely helpful post.

My current quota, according to the machine-readable friendly service at https://quota.aa.net/, is 4.081 TB. That is total, not per-line, I assume, but I don’t know. I have three ADSL2 lines and somehow AA has just done the sane thing and set the system up to share the quota between the lines. This new tariff is brilliant as the old ‘units’ one I have been using for eleven years was very very expensive in the daytime 0900-1800 Mon-Fri and now the usage is time-independent.

I'd imagine as the lines are bonded its likely easier to monitor the usage combined.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 07:41:15 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 12:27:04 PM »

When I used to have bonded VDSL2/FTTC from them they balanced my quota between the two lines if one would become low (automatically), but having it just as one figure is an even simpler approach. I would've switched back to AAISP, after my year of FTTPoD, had the offered package speeds not been low. However, that's no longer an option now anyway as a local ISP appears to be almost ready to go live in my street. Hooray! :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 12:29:17 PM by Ixel »

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 06:12:00 PM »

This is what they say about bonded lines and quotas ...
It is possible to have multiple Home::1 lines on the same login. Each must have a monthly quota which can be changed independently. The lines can be used to bond uplink and downlink, or can be used as a fall-back arrangement. If a line runs out of quota then there is a balancing process for the quota remaining on the other lines. Only once all of the quota on all of the broadband lines at the site has run out does the normal action for auto-top-up take place.

https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/home1/

I thought they used to explicitly say that bonded lines could have different quotas, but I guess that's still implied in the current wording.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 12:44:26 AM »

This is what they say about bonded lines and quotas ...
https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/home1/

I thought they used to explicitly say that bonded lines could have different quotas, but I guess that's still implied in the current wording.

I think you're misunderstanding what we mean.

Yes the two lines can probably be on different packages, but the quotas are added together.  This is necessary seeing as by its nature bonded lines will use all lines equally, so it wouldn't work if you counted the quotas independently.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything