Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DNS problem?  (Read 3753 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: DNS problem?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 08:22:17 AM »

That DOES seem to try to redirect to https which is why its not working.  They really need to fix their server configuration.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »

Thanks tubaman; I always use both as the set of english words is better in the Stòr-Dàta, but the dwelly.info dictionary is the stunning reference, the bible, if you like, best for detail. And of course, I can’t follow that link (http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/en/colaiste/gaidhlig/ceanglaichean-feumail/) in Safari, but it doesn’t matter as I know the dwelly.info website well already.

I’ll ask my neighbour, who works for the UHI and let him know what’s going on.

I only managed to regain my sanity when I used the NET-Toolbox app for the iPad with its HTTP-Head analysis tool which shows you the straight payload of response packets when making requests to either port 443 or port 80.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:10:18 PM by Weaver »

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2021, 02:06:51 PM »

Thank god, they’ve finally fixed the web server configuration. My complaint got passed through to the right people, it seems.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything