Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Roadworks site changed?  (Read 966 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Roadworks site changed?
« on: March 07, 2021, 04:46:24 PM »

I noticed the roadworks.org site that a lot of people go on to check what is happening around them as changed recently.

I got an email with a short questionaire determining if I was part of an organisation, or someone who works for an authorised government body, or a private citizen.

I selected being a private citizen.

Since the site updated I now don't get to see any information of what is actually happening on the icon.

A nearby icon just tells me who it is, where it is, some work reference number, and if there needs to be any traffic management. It now no longer says what they are actually doing there.

Did anyone else get the emails and noticed the information as been reduced?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Roadworks site changed?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 04:59:34 PM »

Yes there were a number of emails. Apparently it has been done as some of the information sometimes could be commercially sensitive or some such reason. You still get to know whether or not there might be traffic problems which I guess is probably what most private individuals go looking for, it's the likes of us who want to see what BT are actually doing  ;)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 06:08:49 PM »

I tend to check https://one.network/ for roadworks

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 06:23:16 PM »

I tend to check https://one.network/ for roadworks

That's literally the same site, roadworks.org redirects to one.network and has done for quite some time.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors