Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: When can we expect further news / work on G.INP for ECI cabinets?  (Read 557 times)

cbdeakin

• Reg Member

This is the last update we had from Openreach reagrding the last G.INP test, in August 2020:

"Unfortunately the larger loads towards the end of the trial have highlighted some unforeseeable issues whereby CPE [VDSL broadband routers etc.] would fail to sync, despite the GEA Service Test usually showing the circuit as testing ok. Our early root-cause analysis has indicated that this is related to an issue in the DSLAM."

But unfortunately, nothing since then. I wonder if they will just give up on rolling it out now, after several unsuccessful tests and the COVID-19 pandemic dragging on.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:33:57 AM by cbdeakin »
Aluminium line. ECI cabinet. Fun times.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: When can we expect further news / work on G.INP for ECI cabinets?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 07:16:27 AM »

Last saw it in 2016 on my eci cab. I do follow a line that isn't mine and his line still has it enabled since last Feb so it's still out there working as just checked it.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 09:05:38 AM »

I imagine with the emphasis now on FTTP that Openreach will give up on this one unfortunately. Also, after this many attempts at getting it to work it must be pretty clear now that the ECI kit is just not fit for purpose.
 :(
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 12:37:19 PM »

Well I just hope they leave it where it works, it has always worked flawlessly on my circuit even during the first trial as well as now.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

anything